Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Real Estate
Hop To Forums   Get It Sold
  I finally closed :)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I finally closed :) Sign In/Join 
Picture of just josie
posted
I haven't been on the boards about the sale of my dad's house. I put it on the market in June and 3 days later I got 2 offers, 1 full price no money down, VA buyers. The second offer came in 9,000 less with 20% down. I accepted the 2nd offer and made it an "as is" sale.
It took me 3 days to get an accepted offer and 3 months to close. The buyer selected a larger local bank and it was taking forever, really bad mortgage broker, phone calls and emails were never answered, and as it turns out, the bank was passing it on to a "mega mortgage bank facilitator" once the buyer found out what was going on, he withdrew his app and went with a smaller local bank...and closed in less than a month.

It was sort of bittersweet as this was my parents home, but am glad to be done with it. The buyer wants this to be his forever home and I didn't want to keep going back and forth 500 miles each way to keep taking care of a vacant home.

Now I can relax because it is all over now Smile

j

Posts: 1700 | Registered: Apr 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, relax. Maybe some chocolate. Or maybe wine. Congratulations.

Posts: 7052 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats, Just Josie. I find it heartwarming that the buyer wants it to be his forever home.

Posts: 6086 | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CJO
posted Hide Post
Hey JJ; I understand...I was in a similar situation.

I hope you will be able to just hang, chill, relax at whatever you enjoy most.... Hugs from FL!

Posts: 2866 | Registered: Oct 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just josie
posted Hide Post
thanks charcoalsmom and CJO-

I'm SO glad it's finished, I have a whole new found respect for anyone who has to take care of their parents affairs, especially only children ..like I was Frown

It was awful from beginning to end, and yes...now I can finally relax Smile

j

Posts: 1700 | Registered: Apr 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post