The only update is the radon came in very low, the next thing we are waiting on is the appraisal which my realtor thinks he will receive a call on early this week... so no further drama since last Monday (thank goodness...)
Funny I was going to post No, no further word, the appraisal is coming up on the 21st I believe, so right around the corner.
As for us, we found a house last Sunday, got into a bidding war and we were able to walk away with the house because we had the best terms, not the highest bid however. They seem to cut the bids off a five. We couldn't get into the town we wanted, prices have just really exploded, cash is king and you had to waive every contingency... We did have to waive the home inspection but we've built and renovated several times and we know the neighborhood well. We inspected the house well while we were there (probably for 90 minutes), there wasn't anything that could be seen or monitored that would have stopped us from making the offer. We had to go to best and final Monday, now wouldn't you know, we are arguing over the closing date... Hopefully it won't go on but another day, the seller is in Europe and has slowed everything down with the time difference... So everything is moving forward although a few weeks back you wouldn't have imagined that it would... so fingers crossed come June 3rd we'll be good on this house, we'll have to wait until the 24th or 28th on the house we're buying... But I don't expect any other problems with that purchase.
Well the appraiser just came by, I'm not sure how long his report takes, but we are supposed to close in less than two weeks.
On my buying side? Our offer was accepted 9 days ago, I still don't have a P&S. Apparently we will have one tomorrow, the seller has been out of the Country. I don't know why this entailed a ten day delay but I'm thinking this should have been done 8 days ago.... I'm really annoyed.
Well just got the word, even though there was a clear to close the documents will not come out of processing until after the close date, as much as a week late by the sounds of it, I'll know more tomorrow I hope. Meanwhile all our stuff is being moved Saturday.... all that back and forth over the closing date, we give in and let them have it for the 3rd and they can't meet it.... our interim housing of course is not refundable.
I had stronger words Charcoalsmom... this could affect our sale, we were supposed to get our commitment letter on the 7th but part of that was the sale of this house.... if we don't close by the 7th, well we've got some explaining to do... I think if it's just a few days it will be fine since we don't close until the 26th, but the seller could be irked.... but she still has 10% in earnest money so hopefully that will keep her happy as we wade through this..... I just want answers....
Well it's official as far as I know, the closing will be next Friday... my real estate attorney had three closings scheduled today, ALL THREE are in the same boat as us, got the clear to close couldn't get through processing in time... Now I've had to call our attorney where we are buying to ask for an extension to our financing commitment. It still doesn't affect our closing date so the seller shouldn't have a problem but you never know.
Meanwhile I paid for temporary housing I didn't' need and the buyers had to reschedule their movers, the date? June 20th!! They should have just let us close on the 17th like we wanted!! Likely wouldn't have run into this problem!
In traditional fashion it was bizarre to say the least. At the last minute, maybe this morning I've no idea my Husband got a call that they'd already had the walk through and were heading to the closing office... he was halfway there with the keys and garage remote, I guess those things aren't important. Our realtor was informed at 9:45 the closing had been moved to 10am and the walk through had already occurred... we did give POA to our attorney because of my health but my husband had planned to attend. Anyhow, the realtor showed up toward the end of the closing, got a copy of the signed HUD to send down for our own mortgage. Now we find our insurance company never sent them the binder, so what holds us up? the insurance binder! It had better get there Monday, I want all the paperwork complete!!!
Oh, ML, this sure has been a really bumpy road for you guys. Infuriates me all the way around but especially about the dates, ie, when they wanted the house vs. when you wanted them to have the house and now, you could have stayed the whole time you wanted anyway. Ack!
Well it's Monday alright.... we submitted everything including the HUD from the sale so we could get a clean commitment from the bank. I've gotten an email that's it's been sent off to underwriting and we will hear something later this week. Why??? They already gave us a commitment but we want a clean one and supplied them with everything they needed to give us one, now it's gone back to underwriting? I have no idea how long that takes. Our deadline is Friday, we are going to have to make some decisions as to how we want to fund this house if we don't make that deadline with the mortgage company. So now I get to be stressed our all THIS week too until they make a decision they already made once!
I agree about our buyers, we were kicked out then they couldn't close, all of this just add's insult to injury!
Well we got our commitment letter in time the place we chose for housing has worked out okay but it's nothing like living in your own house. Hopefully we are smooth sailing from now until the 26th and we can in fairly short order get our new house in order (although it needs an updated kitchen and chandelier )
Well, perhaps my final post We closed on the new house 10 days ago... We're not quite settled. We did not have an easy closing in that the previous owner did not take care of the property once the Offer to Purchase came in, canceled the pool service, the lawn service, the gas dryer is dead and the list goes a bit on... the walk through was very lengthy, but in the end, the market is so hot we just had to take it as is and have spent the 1500 getting the house back to running properly. Even though I'm still unpacking the kitchen renovation has already started, the appliances are coming and being installed this week, we need to pick our cabinets and then determine how to proceed with the floor, I'm hoping to have the kitchen done in six weeks. It was the one thing we knew we had to do right away. I don't want to spend all summer on it, I'd rather spend it at the pool I just got running (on my own!).
So the short term housing really got old, staying with friends got old, but overall, I have to saw we have terrific neighbors who are so much like us both younger and older, it was really the perfect neighborhood for where we are in life.
So that is the update, oh and coincidentally the house we sold 29 months ago and is back on the market and empty, those pictures are not showing well!!!
Glad to hear that the closing did happen even though it had its share of problems but happy that you're in the new place and things are proceeding as they should! Yes, it's a pain to go through renovations but you will be so happy when they are done.
I'm sure it will all be worthwhile as you make the "new" place into a home.
Thanks guys, the before pics of the kitchen are so bad I'll wait on posting the after!!! Everything but the backsplash and counters are on order and I'm hopeful at least the kitchen will be complete within a month, course I'm still moving in slowly, I had to have priorities LOL... So less drama more fun!!