Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Color Splash: Miami
  Color Splash Miami canceled?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Color Splash Miami canceled? Sign In/Join 
posted
Is it true it was canceled? I'm not surprised. Did not like the two girls (his helpers) at all.
Why did they change the format anyway? I really liked his older shows. Never have liked the Miami ones.
I do like David though. I think he is great!

Posts: 22 | Location: USA | Registered: Jun 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the colorful rooms he made in Miami. Blessing in the future David! (Smile)

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ABOUT TIME,, YES YES YES TAKE IT OFF BOTH SHOWS

Posts: 37 | Registered: Feb 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love David Bromstad but not Color Slash Miami. I like the original one better. The redecorating was nice and the way the assistants interacted with each other really made the show fun to watch. I hope he gets another show, he is a talented designer.

Posts: 22 | Location: USA | Registered: Jun 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed color splash Miami and saw an episode that I wanted to use an inspiration room. I havent been able to find a particular archieved show. Im looking for the Color Splash Miami show when David did a room make over of a den for a cute African American couple...any ideas how I can find archieved shows?? Ive found other Miami episodes but not this one ;0(

Posts: 6 | Registered: Jul 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by msdnhunthgtv:
I enjoyed color splash Miami and saw an episode that I wanted to use an inspiration room. I havent been able to find a particular archieved show. Im looking for the Color Splash Miami show when David did a room make over of a den for a cute African American couple...any ideas how I can find archieved shows?? Ive found other Miami episodes but not this one ;0(

Is that the one where he did the terrific wall treatment to highlight the 2-story living room but then put in the IKEA furniture? IIRC, the home owners had the furniture on Craigs List the next day.
Loved the architectural interest he gave the room but hated that he cheaped out w/ the furniture.

Posts: 4292 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Dec 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of diyimprover
posted Hide Post
David was a real, creative talent - put away your Kleenex box, I'm sure we'll see him again!

Posts: 3 | Location: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Aug 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sure hope we will see him on new shows. I loved both Color Splash shows and am surprised it was cancelled. Although I have to say I missed Danielle. She was a real talented team member. I loved the unique and creative paint treatments she did on his walls. David is a talented designer and great host. I hope we see him again soon. Well, soon after Design Star All Stars.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Aug 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope he gets another show. He is a talented designer.

posted Hide Post
I did like the older color splash, please can they bring something like that back, he is a very talented desginer don't let him hang out there and waste his talent

Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I loved the older ones too. I hope they find something for him. He is too talented and him in a show has got to be better that the mess they have on now.

posted Hide Post
I too liked the original Color Splash. Although I still watch, I can't relate to the new Color Splash Miami. The majority of the country is not located in a tropical climate. Decorating is quite different in Miami than the rest of the country. I understand the concept but taking something from this show & using it in my decor is difficult. David's two female assistants camp it up to much for me. They are not the stars or the reason I watch the show. My opinion is they need to go into the background a little bit.

Posts: 15 | Registered: Sep 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree. The Miami show does not appeal to the majority of the country, It is too taste specific. His female assistants just did nothing for the show. I found them irritating. I did like the carpenter and the painter who looked like Johnny Depp. I stopped watching his show. Just could not get into it.
Changing the format of his show was a mistake

posted Hide Post
I loved both Color Splash shows but I agree the original was better. The Miami one was more regional, but the original covered more different styles of homes and solutions to decorating in different styles. Bring the original back!!!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Oct 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It would be great if they brought the Original Color Splash back. I watched it faithfully.
I miss that show

posted Hide Post
Okay, too many people have been sipping haterade in this forum. But I get it, if the Miami style was not your thing.

Although, I was not from the region, I loved the concept of the show. I don't think you have to paint all of your walls tropical colors. The point was just to be inspired by creative design solutions. I preferred the newer version in Miami to the old one and considered it a highlight to his portfolio of work.

I am sad to see the show go and will miss ALL of his assistants. Danielle was brilliant at what she does, but his Miami assistants were more entertaining.

Best to you all!

Posts: 8 | Registered: Jun 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think people are hating on the show. A lot of people just didn't like it. It was not renewed so many didn't like it.
I wish they would give him another show. I'd like to see more design shows. I'm tired of the Reality TV HGTV has taken up.

Picture of cajunbluesbaby
posted Hide Post
Just you let you guys know. It was not cancelled. Sorry. Also, as to person saying he cheapened out putting more of the budget into permanent design fixtures like architectural detail & less on the rest of the IKEA pieces. That's just smart budget planning first off. Architectural detail raise the value of the home. Secondly, he can only work with the budget the homeowners give him. He's also only given 4 days-maybe 2 weeks. Delivery issues come into play as well. If the homeowners want more luxe pieces, they need to pony up the dough. Reminds me of shows like Love It or List It, The Property Brothers & Hidden Potential-Most ppl have unrealistic expectations of how far their dollar can go. For those of u who don't like the show, he's on other shows: Design Star, White Room Challenge, & he pops up on HGTV'd & First Time Design too. Also he does other design styles-I just watched an ep where he did A Zen Office. That modern flair is just his style. Was like that on the other version as well. I'd love to see him travel around the U.S. I wanna get on his show lol.

Posts: 1 | Location: United States | Registered: Apr 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Viktorias1
posted Hide Post
I am most impressed by David's way of changing a room from blah to out of this world. Why can't he just come back like the original show after he first won? WE are the ones missing out on a great talent and colorful artist. Re-think this one, please.

Posts: 1 | Location: Plano, Texas | Registered: Nov 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I loved his show. I really wish they would bring the original premise back. I loved Color Splash and Divine Design.
I wish HGTV would bring back more shows like that.