Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   Colors
  wall colors with dark cherry bedroom set
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

wall colors with dark cherry bedroom set Sign In/Join 
posted
Need some advice,

What color should I paint my bedroom that would go well with my dark cherry bedroom set. I just bought a new house and i am not crazy on the wall colors currently in the bedroom.

I was kind of thinking of maybe an accent wall behind the bed frame.

any advice would be great!

*See attached for picture*

Posts: 1 | Registered: Dec 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
White or creamish will make it look spacious and well balanced.

Posts: 7 | Registered: Sep 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
Personally, I don't think the golden walls are bad with the cherry, but blues and greens should be a sure bet and tranquil to boot. If you shop for a printed comforter, you could pull a color from it for the walls. BTW, a blue/gray is yet another compatible option.

Posts: 18779 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
Just don't go too dark in value.

Posts: 18779 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
As for an accent wall, I am not a fan of those. I prefer to call attention to the focal point via fabrics and art.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Froo Froo,

posted Hide Post
Sage green would look great

Posts: 1751 | Registered: Sep 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Benjamin Moore has an historical color called Jamestown Blue # HC-148. It is rich but also cheerful and it looks great with red toned woods. I agree with Froo Froo about no accent wall unless it was a textured wallppaer in the same color as the walls. The room is too small to be chopped up with a "color block" look.

Posts: 1803 | Location: Morristown | Registered: Jun 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jamestown Blue sounds great. I have a bedroom painted BM Buxton Blue with the ceiling painted BM Powell Buff.

Posts: 3536 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: Jan 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Belle_N_Lex
posted Hide Post
My vote is for blue and no accent wall

Posts: 627 | Registered: Sep 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like blue but I would get a small sample of the BM Jamestown color, they sell small jars and paint a sheet of poster board and put it in different spots in the room at different times of the day. See also what colors are available in the same hue but lighter and see what that does for your room. I would not use an accent wall.

Posts: 3273 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I looked at Jamestown Blue and it really would look great with cherry furniture. I will have to consider it for a room that I am going to redo.

Posts: 3273 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post