Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   Colors
  Can't repaint and the color is sickly looking. Pleasehelp!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can't repaint and the color is sickly looking. Pleasehelp! Sign In/Join 
posted
After looking at jumbo paint swatches on different walls at different times of the day, my husband and I settled on the color Benjamin Moore Cream Fleece #233. He painted the master bedroom and the entire great room. It was a huge amount of work. However.......it is just the sickly color I have even seen. He will not repaint. He says that it is a neutral and anything will go with it.

It has a muddy green base (what was I thinking?????)on the paint strip. What colors can anybody suggest for a palette? I do not want green. We have a cream colored rug in the bedroom and the great room has crema marfil marble. we live in Southwest Florida and are going for a Miami contemporary look. Please help. thank you.

Posts: 88 | Registered: Nov 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here it is.
http://www.benjaminmoore.com/e...nt-color/creamfleece
I disagree with you. I think there are many colors that will complement that shade. Greys are surely a marriage, as is black, coffee brown, cinnamon/rust ... I could go on.
Make margaritas out of salt.

Posts: 1594 | Registered: Jun 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thank you. liking the cinnamon/rust idea.

Posts: 88 | Registered: Nov 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post