Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   Colors
  Mixing glitter with a gallon of glue to paint on walls
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mixing glitter with a gallon of glue to paint on walls Sign In/Join 
posted
I have seen this on Pinterst and it says that on HGTV they say if you mix glitter with a gallon of glue and paint it on the wall it will dry clear and glitter will show through. I am wondering if anyone knows if this really works?

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a home made nightmare to me.
An even suspension of glitter particles in both the liquid and an even application of them on the wall could be extremely difficult.

Many glues are water soluble even after drying (like Elmers), so "maybe" someone could possibly remove it later?
Glazing liquid might be a better vehicle? However, I sure would try a smaller sample board to check application and view the dry results before doing any wall.

Posts: 9663 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hammerhugger
posted Hide Post
I am old enough to remember the glitter people used to put on their ceilings in the 60's or 70's and it didn't take long for people to consider it "trashy". I would never do that.

My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds.
--Mel Weldon

Posts: 5573 | Location: Arizona, in the valley | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just bought a home that has glitter and popcorn on the ceiling in the living room. Taking it down is going to be a nightmare. I would stick to glittery accent pieces instead of glitter on the actual walls.

Posts: 12 | Registered: Oct 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post