Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   Colors
  Wicker porch furniture
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wicker porch furniture Sign In/Join 
Picture of SamsGirl
posted
We were given a 6-piece set of white wicker outdoor furniture we plan to put on our front porch. Siding is pale yellow, shutters and front door will eventually be a kind of deep blue. Started to paint wicker the same/similar deep blue, but now think picking a second color for some of it might look better. Have a natural wood glider on the porch and nothing else; flooring is white, like the house trim. Nothing fancy here, just a casual porch. Thoughts about two different colors versus one?

Posts: 765 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: Feb 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is just personal opinion but I would not paint the furniture to match the door as I think the door should really stand out. I would use a softer shade of blue kinda like a robins egg. That way it would all tie together. Or use white or a softer shade of yellow.

But this is just personal opinion. I am sure others would like something different.

Posts: 7222 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would probably use a pale yellow and spice it up colorwise with bright cushions in blue and white and yellow stripes.

Posts: 1594 | Registered: Jun 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
I would probably keep the wicker all white, but add colorful Sunbrella cushions to them. The print can be a simple blue/white cabana or ticking stripe to a floral with white, blue, yellow and green. In this case, the grouping will pop against the pale yellow facade while the blue on your door, etc. will be repeated.

Posts: 18733 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post