Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   Colors
  rug colors: painted blue floor
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

rug colors: painted blue floor Sign In/Join 
posted
My husband and I purchased a house and the entire upstairs is painted a very bold blue. Because we have a lot of other painting to do in the house, we've decided to place an area rug in the room that will be the guest room and to repaint the green walls. Do you have suggestions for a color of area rug that we should use in this room? The room will be repainted a light beige or very light blue/almost white.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there a particular reason for the beige walls?
What about a blue and white room with yellow?
White rug, white or pale yellow walls and accessories (art work, throw pillows etc.) can be any color you like (yellow/blues, reds).
It will become a bright and happy looking room.

Posts: 1594 | Registered: Jun 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the existing wall color and I LOVE!!! the floor.

Posts: 3242 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: Jan 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've gotten a lot of suggestions about painting the room white and honestly, the more that I see, the more that I like that idea. I already have yellow dressings for the bed. I'm seriously considering white now. Thanks for the suggestion!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lilsophie
posted Hide Post
I LOVE that room just the way it is. So cute and colorful. Smile

Posts: 4584 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Oct 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
I too love that cheery palette and that little round rug looks like the unifying element that pulls it together. Stick with this two color scheme and add crisp white to the mix. Fabrics in a blue/white check or stripe as well as a lime green dot on white will maintain the whimsical feel of this space.

Sometimes the resolution is right under our noses, such as in the case of your small rug, and the solution is easier and cheaper than we originally perceived it to be. Go with the flow and I sense compliments will come your way.

Posts: 18398 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
One more suggestion?
Not many consider it, but a custom made area rug is often really not that expensive. A local carpet shop can take nearly any line of carpet they have available and heat seam a border any width and any color that is available in that line. And the outer edge can then be bound. With a non skid pad under it, you can have a very custom look.

Posts: 9432 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post