Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   Colors
  Arepo or anyone I am getting frustrated or doubting myself
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Arepo or anyone I am getting frustrated or doubting myself Sign In/Join 
posted
I upload a pic of my foyer I was thinking about your suggest to tie a color from my livingroom area to my foyer but my foyer has very little lite coming in and i afaid if i use Empire gold the main color in my living room wall the area may appear to dark.

So here my question would just a nice white work just as well, on the walls in my foyer.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: gwen g,

Foyer_again.htm (113 Kb, 10 downloads)

Posts: 490 | Registered: Sep 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not being there, I cannot say for sure but certainly you could pull the lightest color from the Empire Gold swatch to follow through.

Posts: 1594 | Registered: Jun 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank went back to SW there no Swatch color with Empire gold . As i remember but went to store to double check

posted Hide Post
Hi I had to check the colors out myself the main wall color in my living room Empire Gold is under a Purley refined collection at Sherman Williams

I found a classic light buff color and the eaglet beige is a coordinating color I just can not fiqure out why the color for me not working .

It may be the finish I put a flat and honesty I dislike flat paint on wall.

I going to either look at the light buff or repaint the foyer with a different sheen