Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   Colors
  Found a very cool color site
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Found a very cool color site Sign In/Join 
posted
I found a very cool color site. It gives different values, coordinates,etc... most of which I don't understand yet! It also gives matching colors in numerous brands.
Here is the page I found when I did a search for the color I was interested in-

http://encycolorpedia.com/e7dbcd

This message has been edited. Last edited by: oojeanie,

Posts: 419 | Location: Illinois | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
WOW! I only glanced for a few seconds, but it appears you've hit the mother lode of color sites. It is definitely bookmark worthy. Great find. THANKS!

Posts: 18668 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello guys..Such a pleasant link that is i want to search out the color scheme of the paint but after that this post is very helpful for me.All the matching of the color is great and some name of the color which i listen first time.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hafi444,

Posts: 6 | Location: canada | Registered: Mar 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You might also try colorcharts.org, Jeanie.

Posts: 484 | Registered: Dec 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jo-CT
posted Hide Post
I am having difficulty getting into colorcharts.org

I've frequented the site numerous times and found it very helpful. Anyone have a similiar site? Or different web address?

Posts: 1323 | Location: Southwestern, CT | Registered: Aug 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of funcolors
posted Hide Post
Colorcharts.org is no longer a free resource. You can access the color matching feature by buying annual access to the CBN, Color by Numbers, virtual painting software.

Encolorpedia.com is an awesome resource. If you have any questions about all the numbers or specific color order systems, I might be able to help.

Later,
funcolors

Posts: 9480 | Registered: Sep 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow- that's great. Thanks for sharing. One of my all time favorites is still http://www.pantone.com/pages/pantone/index.aspx. I love seeing what is trending and using their free resources to get ideas.

Posts: 4 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: Nov 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is fantastic! It gives you so much info. It is what my paint store would use to tell me if a particular paint color had red, etc and what the lighter and darker versions are and much much more. Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 3183 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post