Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   Colors
  Paint dilution with white?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Paint dilution with white? Sign In/Join 
posted
I am having problems with paint looking too dark in my house. I cannot find a color that I like as much, it is just that at night the color changes and is too dark. The sales person at my Ben. Moore store suggested dilution with white. What exactly does this do? Doesn't it change the tone/ color? I like the color I have, it just goes too dark. I have already tried light bulb changes. thanks

Posts: 284 | Registered: Jan 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of indycatCarol
posted Hide Post
I was having the same problem, I gave up on the taupe color I thought I wanted and changed to Belgian Waffle, a pretty yellow. Now I LOVE it.

When I was trying to find the shade of taupe I liked but it kept turning out too dark, I thought about going a shade or 2 lighter than the color I thought I liked on the 5 shade paint choice. I'm thinking that is what adding white would do. But I'm not painting expert.

I don't mind coming to work. But that 8 hr. wait to go home is a drag.
http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x189/indycatCarol/

Posts: 3459 | Location: Indiana | Registered: Nov 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post