Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   Colors
  OPEN CONCEPT FLOOR PLAN COLORS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OPEN CONCEPT FLOOR PLAN COLORS Sign In/Join 
posted
I am painting my front to back living room walls a light-med blue (SW Sleepy blue) and my adjacent dining room and kitchen walls a softer tan. My sofa and loveseat are the color "brown sugar" which is a tan color. The living room is separated almost into 2 with furniture separating the room. What color should my area rugs and window treatments be? We're trying to go with a "neutral landscape" so that we can decorate seasonally. Also, the sofa has an attached chaise on one end. How far under the chaise should the area rug go underneath? Thanks for your input.

Posts: 4 | Registered: May 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a fair amount of contrast. Using a tan base throughout may facilitate your seasonal changes. Depending on the light and other factors, I would probably vary the tan shades slightly from room to room.

If you can return and post photos, you'll probably receive many more, detailed responses.

Good Luck!

Posts: 449 | Registered: Dec 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you! I'm going to repost and add pictures.

Posts: 4 | Registered: May 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd probably choose a pattern mainly consisting of shades of beige to tan to dark brown to keep within a monochromatic look.

Posts: 1594 | Registered: Jun 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post