Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   Colors
  I need help picking out curtains and putting everything together!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need help picking out curtains and putting everything together! Sign In/Join 
posted
I have a brown sofa that i absolutely love! I have picked a couple of stencils i am going to buy a stencil to stencil my curtains. Right now i have 2 choices but i do not know which one to buy! I have picked a rug but i am not sure if i can mix those prints together without it looking like a hot mess! Give me your opinions and criticism! thanks!

Here are my colors: Navy blue, gray and orange

Posts: 4 | Location: Illinois  | Registered: May 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is one of the curtain/stencils

Posts: 4 | Location: Illinois  | Registered: May 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
p

This are from z gallerie and i love them but they are a bit pricey and i am all about DIY! but it this will work better than the rest il go for it!

posted Hide Post
my sofa

posted Hide Post
Did you consider using your rug's pattern as a stencil, possibly with a smaller scale? Instead of introducing a new pattern, you may wish to simply repeat that.

Do you have other fabrics or an inspiration item combining your colors? I would consider some sort of floral plus a stripe and solid WRT combining prints.

Could be the photo but the room appears/feels dark between the sectional, proposed rug and floors. Is your sectional blocking part of the window? Any plans to break it up?

Did you paint? Feels like quite a bit of contrast -

Good Luck!

Posts: 449 | Registered: Dec 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post