Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bedroom Sign In/Join 
posted
I am remodeling my master bedroom. The wall colors are dark chocolate on top half and white plank on bottom half. I need some ideas on the bedding colors I can use.

Question:
What would be some bedding colors I can go with?

Choices:
Chocolate/blue
chocolate/teal

Posts: 3 | Registered: Apr 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
your options are not limited to the two choices you pose as the dark brown is a neutral. Carry the brown paint chip with you for reference as you shop for a print either in window treatment or a comforter that features the family of brown in small quantity plus an accent color or two that you love. This print will unify the walls as well as create the feel you seek. It will also provide a lightness that will balance the dark brown. Though you did not mention the flooring or furniture colorations, these also should impact your accent color or colors. Once the newly introduced print is acquired, you can then scatter it around the room in textures, solids and another print scale. If there is an adjoining bath, spill at least one color into it though hue value can very.

Blues are often teamed with dark brown but they are generally light or bold in value from silvery, dusty blues to tropical turquoise. Warm or cool greens, spice reds, peaches, buttery yellows, earthy oranges, pale lavenders, some pinks or corals, are other companions you may discover that textile designers have paired with chocolate.BTW, if possible, it is far easier to find the inspirational print first and pull the wall color from it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Froo Froo,

Posts: 18386 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aychihuahua
posted Hide Post
You can never go wrong with crisp white or soft ivory bedding; it won't lock you into a particular color scheme. You can build color schemes through pillows and throws and other accessories to change the look and feel of your room whenever the fancy strikes.

Take a look. is room may not be exactly your style, with the pink and all, but it may spark some ideas.

Posts: 5164 | Registered: Jul 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I vote for sage green/white and chocolate

Posts: 1594 | Registered: Jun 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post