Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   Colors
  Thoughts on color palette!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thoughts on color palette! Sign In/Join 
posted
I've chosen some colors I really love for the house. Pulled them from the fireplace (except the blue). I've already used the blue in a guest room. I want the house to flow easily between rooms and Nantucket Dune or Manchester Tan will be the main color throughout with accents in the other colors, or areas like the laundry room and powder room. All our furniture, etc. will work with these colors, so not worried about that.

I've posted some pics of the the main house - as you can see we have cherry finish on all cabinets and woodwork. I am debating painting the trim a creamy white to brighten everything up. I've seen pictures where there is a mix of white trim and natural wood and I like that look a lot.

Do you think I have too many colors going? Again, these would be accents, etc. also.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: christyinco,

PDF DocHouse_Paint_Palette.pdf (101 Kb, 23 downloads)

Posts: 778 | Registered: May 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is another option for the palette, using the colors that are on the card with Nantucket Dune (varied shades of it). Obviously, I wouldn't use all the colors, but these are options.

PDF DocHouse_Paint_Palette2.pdf (114 Kb, 15 downloads)

posted Hide Post
Main Area showing kitchen

posted Hide Post
Area with furniture

posted Hide Post
Not sure about Rattan, but everything else looks great and, really, what do I know anyway?
I am not standing inside your house where things might look entirely different.
Enjoy!

Posts: 1715 | Registered: Sep 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post