Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   Colors
  Master Bedroom
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Master Bedroom Sign In/Join 
posted
Wall color will be chocolate top half and white plank on bottom have.

Question:
What bedding would go best with this color theme?

Choices:
brown/blue
other

Posts: 3 | Registered: Apr 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I could suggest numerous color combos that would work with a neutral chocolate. It's about your preference, however, not mine.

It's usually much easier, IMHO, to locate an inspiration color piece (e.g. rug, artwork, bedding, or a colorful accessory - you name it) and match the paint color to it. So, you could shop for either a multi-colored rug or bedding with the color combos you prefer and then go from there. Any reputable paint counter can help you color-match the paint.

Hope that's helpful. Good luck with your project.

P.S. Using chocolate on the wall will definitely give your master a particular mood, especially if you also have dark furniture. Could be the feeling you'd like for sleeping, however. So, you might want to consider that, too.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AguaBella,

Posts: 449 | Registered: Dec 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another option for your master:

You might consider cutting down the contrast (the chocolate v. white plank) by going monochromatic, e.g. white walls, white bedding, etc. for a calming atmosphere.

Good Luck!

Posts: 449 | Registered: Dec 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You loaded that voting poll. :-)

I had to vote for chocolate/blue the way it was worded but truth to tell, there are many other colors that go great with chocolate like sage green, burnt orange, aqua, peach, butterscotch, ivory as well.
So it all comes down to what pleases your eye the most, and if it is blue then by all means do the chocolate/blue because it too looks great with chocolate.

Posts: 1594 | Registered: Jun 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I seen this bedding that I mostly aqua blue with dark chocolate mixed in with it. I loved the outfit. I wanted to do something totally different than I normally would do on a room. So I was thinking chocolate wall/white plank. Thanks for all the suggestions and I didn't mean to put in a poll for voting I am new at this any suggestions are welcomed. My husband loves a light and bright room but I am set on this bedding and wanted the walls to work with it.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Apr 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that you have made your choice, I will tell you that I too prefer the aqua with chocolate and white as well.
Brava!

Posts: 1594 | Registered: Jun 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post