Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Holidays
  Short Holiday season this year.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Short Holiday season this year. Sign In/Join 
Picture of conrad
posted
Seems unusually short, but since the weather was really nice today (upper 50's), got the leaves and yard all cleaned up, lawn mower winterized. The outside Xmas lights down and indoor decor put away too. Feels like a good start for the coming New year.

And tonight we get the cold blast of 7 degrees and a predicted high of only 9 degrees for the tomorrow! Wow.

Posts: 9655 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It has been a short season. Got some cleaning up done but there's a lot to do. Going to be much colder later this week--winter is coming back.

Posts: 3211 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of real estate lady
posted Hide Post
well I'm jealous..been fighting a cold in warmer
weather,but managed to get all decor up for Christmas, cook a big meal..and help give a nice Christmas to all who came.

Just can't seem to shake it. Even went up to the local pub and took a shot of whiskey tonight..and I don't drink. Stuff is nasty!

Posts: 9274 | Registered: Aug 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
I'm definitely ready for 2013 to be over!
Let the new year begin!Wink

Posts: 9655 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Arkansas #1
posted Hide Post
HAPPY NEW YEAR Everyone.

Use it up,wear it out,make do or do without.Mama said!!!

Posts: 1649 | Location: SW AR | Registered: Jan 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
We get to extend our holiday season by sharing it later with children and grandbaby. Big Grin This past year was a good one for dh and me in regards to home improvement. And we look forward to 2014 and another wonderful year together.

Happiest New Years Wishes to everyone!

Posts: 5221 | Registered: Jan 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post