Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Holidays
  Decorating front and back of the house
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Decorating front and back of the house Sign In/Join 
Picture of trish212
posted
We have views of our house from the front & the back. I was excited when husband built our deck windows. During the spring and summer, I hang beautiful flowers. It fills the space. I know what will go in the window during winter. However, I'm stuck with fall. Imagine the hooks used to hang flowers, what do you hang during the fall?

Posts: 5235 | Registered: Jan 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
We don't have windows but we do have a nice table and I often pot a mum on the table and put little (think cheap) pumpkins out there on the table. It's really nice to look at -- that pretty fall 'scape!

Martha

Posts: 6238 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Linderhof. We'll be doing some scouting to gather what we need. I enjoy tromping through tall grasses....I've been considering gathering some of those for the frames of the windows. Looking forward to fall this year. It's our first time with the windows.

posted Hide Post
Garlands of fall leaves and pumpkins. This will take you through the fall from Halloween to Thanksgiving. There are all sorts of fall decorations out there to use.

Posts: 3233 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
Hi Trish,

Are these like shepherd hooks? How about some bird houses,bird feeders, pumpkins or even skeletons for Halloween?

You could hang lanterns or candle holders too.

http://www.save-on-crafts.com/wrhablgoclea.html

Buckets that might work for your hooks.

http://www.save-on-crafts.com/galvanized1.html

Have fun decorating!

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9491 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
A post on the carve-able pumpkins.

http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/for...4079532/m/3253986377

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Beau's Rose.

Our hooks are the generic hooks off the top beam of the windows.

I have found three branches that we are going to tie to form a triangle base. It will hold our fall wreath. We are going to get the candles on timers for the evenings. We're looking forward to this project.

I found outdoor fabric to change the curtain & cushions for the fall. More sewing projects. Woohoo!

Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
Glad you have a decorating plan. Have fun stitching and show us pics please when you are done!

Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
I went to Joann's to get my fabric, Patrick Flynn used it on one of his décor projects. It must have been quite popular. They were out of my fabric. I can wait to see if it comes back in/maybe another fine fabric will appear.

The fall hanging wreath will be coming down. I saw how I can turn it into a winter wreath chandelier. It's nice when projects can change seasonally. We also have a star to put up....and when this season changes....I purchased a Halloween star 90% off...guess what is getting painted for another holiday. Can it get any easier than this? I just had another thought....I could use it as the base of a fabric covered star project. Oh my! Another idea!!!!

posted Hide Post
up up and away.

Posts: 821 | Registered: Sep 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post