Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RMS Moderation Sign In/Join 
Picture of HGTVAdmin
posted
We have recently received questions from users experiencing a delay when posting to RMS. Allow us this opportunity to explain recent changes to our RMS community. Every comment and upload a user submits will be reviewed by a team of trained moderators to make sure our websites are a safe and enjoyable place to be, and to ensure that all content is in compliance with our Terms of Use.

HGTV Admin

Posts: 1309 | Registered: Sep 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have belonged to the RMS community for 3 years and have never said anything offensive. The last two times I tried to make a comment on RMS said they were "being reviewed" but then the comments never did appear on the site. There was nothing critical, off-color, religious, off-topic, etc. in the comment. I gave a suggestion for someone asking what to do with an entry way / dining room combination. I said to look at another RMS posting that combined the dining room with a library and entryway. Offensive?

Posts: 12 | Registered: Jun 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HGTVAdmin
posted Hide Post
Did you receive a rejection notice advising why they weren't posted to the site? I will be happy to look into. Do you use this same email and username for your RMS account?

HGTV Admin

posted Hide Post
I would really be interested in knowing why it is taking often 2 to 3 hours for a comment to get posted? It seems that viewership is down so it doesn't seem that it would take so long for your team of trained moderators to view comments and then get them posted. I am just curious. Thank you.

Posts: 15 | Registered: Oct 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HGTVAdmin
posted Hide Post
Reviews of comments won't be immediate due to the amount of content we have but shouldn't take hours. We apologize for any delay you have experienced. I would be happy to look into but we don't have a registered user under hk1989 for RMS. What is your username on RMS?
If it's been a few hours, feel free to reach out to me here or to Customer Service through the Contact Us link under the About column at the bottom left hand corner of the webpage. You can chat live with a customer service representative Mon. - Fri. from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET or email us through the webform selecting that it is about Rate My Space Community. Please provide a link to the space you are trying to comment on.

HGTV Admin

posted Hide Post
Dear HGTVAdmin,
No, I did not receive a rejection notice. Yes, I use my RMS account with my current email. I have not been on the site for awhile because this bothers me so much. I logged in about 2-3 hours ago, left a suggestion on a post where someone was asking for a suggestion, and it never did appear. You would like your viewers to contact Customer Service about YOUR problem when that happens every time? Frankly, it's just not worth the trouble.

Posts: 12 | Registered: Jun 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not talking about one specific link. It is like that on each and every link. It happens all the time, so much so that some have left variations of their comments twice because they thought that their comment disappeared into RMS space. As you can see from Mick50's comment, it is not an isolated incident. Your idea is great, but the execution leaves a little to be desired. I have faith that in time you may solve this little nuisance but for now it mostly works as it has weeded out some of the undesirables. Thanks for responding!

Posts: 15 | Registered: Oct 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have just about given up commenting on any spaces due to the 3 to 5+ or more hours it takes to have my comment published. It's one thing to pre-approve comments with a reasonable wait time (1 hour) but all day? It happens time and time again. Also, one of my comments was rejected and I received a form email about insulting members. I have never insulted a member. My rejected comment took place on Veteran's Day and in the Bedrooms category I commented (on Veteran's Day) "the kids must be home from school today to rate this space poor.." and I went on to say how lovely it was and rated it 4 stars. I'd like to know if a robot is scanning comments for flag words or something vs. a human being. Also, I had written HGTV on Oct. 6 about the long wait time for comments to show, and just received a response on Nov. 18! I had totally forgotten about even writing them. 5 weeks to respond? Wow. nyway, the RMS community is going downhill w/o breaks since preapproval of comments was implemented. I've noticed a drop in uploads, probably because there are no comments or advice published and people might as well just write to Santa Claus.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Nov 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HGTVAdmin
posted Hide Post
mick50,

If you didn't receive a rejection notice, your comment was approved and should be showing up on the site. As for your comment not showing up on the site, how long did you wait and did you try refreshing the page? Yes, we want you to contact us if your comments aren't posting and you haven't received a rejection notice so we can look into and hopefully resolve as that shouldn't be the case.

HGTV Admin

Picture of HGTVAdmin
posted Hide Post
hk1989 & Domino888,

Are you still seeing such delays in postings?

Domino888,
I'll be happy to look into your rejection and will reach back to you via PM regarding. As for the moderators, I can assure you they are human but mistakes and errors happen. Let me look into. We apologize for the delay in your email response. We get hundreds of emails daily for our various brands and do our best to respond. 6 week response is definitely not ideal. However with the holidays, the sheer volume increases. We do offer a live chat feature to speak with a Customer Service Representative Mon. - Fri. 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET for immediate assistance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HGTVAdmin,

HGTV Admin

Picture of pokerliz
posted Hide Post
I'm just wondering why my bathroom post is not shown under bathrooms? I loaded it yesterday, got all of 50 views, and then it disappeared. The bathroom that was loaded at the same time as mine (someone else's) shows up, but not mine. And I have to agree with this comment delay. No one wants to have to check back 4,5 or even the next day to read up on comments. Can't we just go back to the way it was? If you have constant offenders, boot them from the site.

Posts: 3 | Location: Southern Calif | Registered: Nov 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bijioux
posted Hide Post
@ pokerliz:

Hi, I experienced the same problem going way back to September 2011. My rooms don't show up in their categories either when I post them and one of my rooms disappeared completely from its category. I never heard from HGTV Admin. at all. Maybe you will get a reply.

Thanks for posting this message. I realize that others have the same issue.

Posts: 6 | Registered: Sep 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DeadMarilyn
posted Hide Post
I received a notification that my post was not approved and I have no idea why.I said that slipcovers looked cheap.Can we not give our opinions on here?

Posts: 198 | Registered: Aug 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's been quite a while since I last wrote and still the same problems exist with comments taking all day to appear once submitted. Is there only 1 moderator? 2? Can you please go back to the way it was? No pre-approval of comments? Back then you were able to flag a comment or report it to the mod. This is sufficient. It is very, very frustrating to leave a comment in the morning, come back 6 hours later and it's still not posted. This is the NORM.

posted Hide Post
How do you delete an account? I am so tired of posting comments and they are not showing up at ALL. It used to take up to 24 hours, but now, it's like writing to Santa as they are not showing up at ALL. And sometimes in my comments I provided links to furniture, paint or rug ideas and it's impossible to recreate and find those links again. I have also recreated a comment that never showed and posted it again, when and THAT one didn't show either. This website is no longer enjoyable and really the comment approver takes too long to approve, or is not doing their job period. Is anyone supervising this I wonder???