Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Our New Home... Sign In/Join 
posted
I was just looking for some feedback about the outside of our new home...Looking to spruce up the doors and middle upstairs window. Any ideas? Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jenniferrose86,

Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
Looks like a lovely home.

Sometimes it just takes a while to really live in a place to find just the right changes, so my advice... don't rush too much?
I might think about painting the front entry doors a lighter/brighter color. Perhaps a slightly brighter shade of the roof shingles? Right now they appear to sort of sink back into a hole, at least from the photo.

The middle upstairs window pair seem to have an apron or white trim at the bottom that makes them stand out. If it was reduced or painted the color of the siding, I think those windows would no longer be issues.

Curious: Is it an optical illusion that the siding above those two upper windows seems to slant downward and not line up with the top of the windows???

Posts: 9619 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love that window upstairs and hope it is in the master bedroom and see you have the matching one downstairs and just love that rocking chair front porch.You just need color lots of flowering plants instead of those shrubs would be nice or flower beds in front of them

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sissy77,

Posts: 531 | Registered: Jul 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CJO
posted Hide Post
When the weather is right, hang some gorgeous ferns all around the front porch.

I would also plant some Bradford pear trees in your yard to highlight the white trim.

Congrats on your beautiful new home!

Wreaths of seasonal flowers/vines would be lovely by each of the garage coach lights.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CJO,

Posts: 2866 | Registered: Oct 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of real estate lady
posted Hide Post
I would put white shutters on the single dormer, and paint the door white. House neds brightened. Too much red already with the roof to paint the front door red..I am thinking.

Posts: 9265 | Registered: Aug 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Simply described as, beautiful traditional home with spacious garage must say!!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: amelietremblay6,

Posts: 7 | Location: Ontario | Registered: Mar 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post