Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Outdoors
Hop To Forums   General Gardening
  Don't know what's wrong.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Don't know what's wrong. Sign In/Join 
Picture of ga.karen
posted
The hgtv boards have taken me back to my "old" name and it won't let me reply to any posts!

Anyone have any ideas? Yes, I'm logged in as old Karen instead of ga.Karen.

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4378 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
Well, the dumb thing is letting me do a "quick reply" but not a regular one....what happened?
And WAY at the top it is calling me "oldKaren" and on my posts it has my newer screen name ga.Karen. This is weird!

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4378 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KG in CA
posted Hide Post
These boards have dementia...

Summers are just this side of hell, but you don't have to shovel sunshine...

Click on the left to show albums
http://s76.photobucket.com/use...brary/?sort=3&page=1

Posts: 7394 | Location: Highland, CA Zone 9b  | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
Doesn't this stuff drive you crazy here?
Try writing a note to

webmaster@hgtv.com I think that's the addy.

"Those that throw mud, lose ground!" :>)

Posts: 12480 | Registered: Apr 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
quote:
These boards have dementia...

LOL!

Posts: 10354 | Location: Mechanicsville Virginia | Registered: Jan 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
Good luck getting an answer from Technical isues. Wink

Whether You Think You Can Or You Think You Can't..... You're Right - Henry Ford

Posts: 7284 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
I am no help on your problem......I've had posts disappear, plus I've had posts censored when I have no clue what the trigger word was. This board acts strange sometimes.

At least you are here, regardless of your name.

ve

Posts: 3225 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of theoriginalfluffy
posted Hide Post
Maybe they could make "shed" an automatic trigger word for censoring.

Posts: 1102 | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theoriginalfluffy:
Maybe they could make "shed" an automatic trigger word for censoring.

I'll agree with that!!!! Big Grin

Well, yesterday I couldn't get on the board at all, hadn't been able to get on since I posted this thread & answered a few posts on fast reply. After asking for help over at Natural Yard, I deleted cookies twice and history and temporary files and did a restore and now everything seems to be working again!
I think one of those "automatic updates" that happen when you try to shut down your computer did something that messed me up. I kept getting a "scrppscontroller.com" thingy come up but no hgtv!
But all is well now! And geewhizz...I missed the group here! Ya'al are some GREAT folks! Big Grin