Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Summer a bust Sign In/Join 
Picture of rubyruby
posted
Hi all,

Still not in our house yet Frown This summer has been the worst. I've not had dirt under my nails since June 14th. I've been so preoccupied with our move and handling EVERYTHING. The stress has been lifted since July 22nd and I finally made it to Houston. Now it all begins again. Hubby won't be in town for the moving in part either. We take possession on 9-3 but the movers can not deliver our belonging out of storage until the 9th. Frown On a happier note, I put out one feeder on the balcony of our temp apartment and have several hummers. Also, the sellers have been gracious enough to meet with us 1.5 hours before closing to go over some of the features of the house. (pool equipment, alarm system, wiring, sprinkler system.) for this I am grateful. I'm so ready to get settled and back to some normalcy. I miss gardening. I miss the message boards and sharing. I miss my gardening cyber buddies.

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt"

Posts: 1174 | Location: Houston, Tx Zone 9 | Registered: Jul 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Ah, Ruby. It'll get better soon. Just hang in there. It's only a week more and you'll be busy, busy. Let's hope you get a break in the heat for when you do start working so hard.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6590 | Location: Northwest Florida | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Barb in Mississippi
posted Hide Post
Hi rubyruby,
Take some pics of your new home, if you can. I for one, can't wait to see it.
Hummingbird Migration, is the first week in September and I'll be thinking about you! I'm volunteering all 3 days. The temps promise to be very hot. I know it's a different kind of heat there, you don't have all this horrible humidity, or do you?
I know after you get started fixing up the landscape at your new home, you'll love it.

Posts: 3203 | Location: Holly Springs, MS USA | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rubyruby
posted Hide Post
Good on you Barb. I sure am missing my bird juice refilling duties back at the old homestead. Hope the peeps that bought the house are taking care of the 4 feeders I left for the hummers! Frown

update soon I hope.

Posts: 1174 | Location: Houston, Tx Zone 9 | Registered: Jul 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rubyruby
posted Hide Post
I put the link on the decorating board for the house Barb. you can see it on that board..but only until the 29th as it will be taken off!

Picture of Barb in Mississippi
posted Hide Post
I looked, but don't think i found it, unless it's that 5 bedroom single family home. is that it?

Posts: 3203 | Location: Holly Springs, MS USA | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OMG your new home is beautiful. Can I come for a swim??Smile
I can't wait to see how you decorate it. The pool is really nice.
Please let us know when you post pics of it.

Carlene

Posts: 1635 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of theoriginalfluffy
posted Hide Post
I'm not seeing it either. I wanna see!!! I'm sorry this summer has been hard on you. You'll get back to normal before too long. Will you have to learn about your new area, soil, different plants, etc? That could be fun!

Posts: 1143 | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
fluffy I couldn't see it the first tiem either but tried again later and it came up. Don't give up!! It's worth it.
Try this. I hope you don't mind rubyruby
http://www.realtor.com/realest...X_77345_M73197-28798

If that doesn't work type in the address in google.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: silly bird,

Carlene

Posts: 1635 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of theoriginalfluffy
posted Hide Post
Thanks silly bird. Wow, Ruby, it's beautiful! They did a nice job decorating and that pool is great. Congratulations!

Posts: 1143 | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
It won't be long Ruby!
You'll have dirty nails pretty soon! Big Grin

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4845 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post