Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Outdoors
Hop To Forums   General Gardening
  any of you 'oldies ' from long time back....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

any of you 'oldies ' from long time back.... Sign In/Join 
Picture of Toots
posted
remember a poster named Ladyfern?... we're talking a long, long time back.... if so, pop in here, please and just say you know Judy Pratt, please....that's all.... thanks...she's got a new place to garden and I'd like to pass the word along to her friends.....

"Gardening Keeps Me Growing!"

Posts: 26868 | Location: Near Charlotte, NC, zone 7 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nance425
posted Hide Post
yes and a few others. Where have all the "flowers" gone??? Smile

Posts: 4582 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: Dec 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NYlady
posted Hide Post
Some of us are still here.. I remember being on the boards when they were "wild and wooly" before registration was required.. around 2000

Posts: 3349 | Location: Staten Island, NY , USA | Registered: Sep 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, Toots...way back.....and there were a lot of "flowers"....

Posts: 655 | Registered: Aug 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
Toots, I remember her..she was also on Garden Talk..lived in NY or up in the NE somewhere...she had all kinds of ferns in her gardens. We used to correspond a bit....not sure what happened to her. So happy to hear she has a new place to garden...and I'm sure she will remember Merrybelle, right? Smile

ve

Posts: 3172 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Toots
posted Hide Post
her new place is really glorious... we can't visit her there... yet.... she left for there very early this morning.... a tired heart, they tell me..... looks like she'll get the choice of working the big garden or just resting her weary bones for a while now.... think gently of her, friends....

"Gardening Keeps Me Growing!"

Posts: 26868 | Location: Near Charlotte, NC, zone 7 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
So you've kept in touch with her all these years........how cool is that.

I misunderstood your initial posting. I'm sure she will eventually have ferns growing all over the new area. Thank you for letting me(us) know. Kind thoughts indeed.

ve

Posts: 3172 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update Toots.

Posts: 1858 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember her too. RIP gardening friend! Thanks for letting us know Toots.

Carlene

Posts: 1371 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mgt
posted Hide Post
Awww, thanks for the info, Toots. I remember ladyfern. I know she'll love the 'new' place. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I've decided to quit my job, drop out of society, and wear live animals as hats."

Posts: 7701 | Location: Black Creek, WI Zone 5 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
...I've been running around looking for you Mgt!

"Those that throw mud, lose ground!" :>)

Posts: 12448 | Registered: Apr 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update. I'm not sure if I remember her but may she RIP. Maybe she and Mr. Worsley are growing beautiful things now.

Whether You Think You Can Or You Think You Can't..... You're Right - Henry Ford

Posts: 7276 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of loveangels
posted Hide Post
Oh Toots, thanks for the post. Judy was one of my first internet gardening friends. She lived not far from me and we met once for dinner then sadly lost touch. She was a wealth of gardening knowledge and a very kind person. So sorry to hear the news........

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."

Posts: 632 | Location: Rochester, NY  | Registered: Mar 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You know, I'm getting old, Ladyfern sounds familiar but not sure. I was on BHG since 99/2000. Always sad to lose a good soul. Hopefully, she's planting away enjoying the sunshine.

Posts: 29 | Location: N IL | Registered: Feb 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post