Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Cutie Pie Sign In/Join 
Picture of vera ellen
posted
This fat little guy is all puffed up from the cold, and he's hanging onto his breakfast. Isn't he cute.

ve

Posts: 3559 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
They move so fast its hard to get a shot when they aren't eating! They are described as fearless & indeed they are!

"Those that throw mud, lose ground!" :>)

Posts: 12878 | Registered: Apr 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cute! How are away from him were you?
We're getting a new camera and just wondering
says the zoom is 85-300. Hope to take another road trip and better pics of the eagles!

Carlene

Posts: 1601 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
SB - I have no idea what an 85-300 zoom means. I have a little point and shoot canon with a 12x optical zoom...X and Optical I understand - LOL. I was sitting on the deck and the feeder is about 15 to 20 ft away - give or take. I'm not good at distance. The deck is 10 ft wide, there's stairs going down to a landing and the feeder is on a trellis in a bed in front of the landing. Does that help? LOL

Sorry.

ve

Posts: 3559 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. My little point and shoot is only 10x.

Carlene

Posts: 1601 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
The 85-300 means you have a zoom lens that goes from 85 to 300 mm, depending. You'd use the 85 for wider shots, landscapes, etc. You'd use the 300 for closer up shots of far away objects like birds, etc. Do some looking online and you'll find all kinds info. The zoom is good for bringing birdies that are away up closer for photo. Does that make sense? Makes them look like they're closer, Just experiment.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6575 | Location: Northwest Florida | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10422 | Location: Mechanicsville Virginia | Registered: Jan 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of joy37
posted Hide Post
Such a cutie!

Posts: 4900 | Location: zone 7, West Texas | Registered: Feb 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
You are right, a cutie pie! Great pic!

I only get them if they happen by during migrations.

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4823 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post