Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Outdoors
Hop To Forums   General Gardening
  We can all join in... Flowers & Garden Art
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We can all join in... Flowers & Garden Art Sign In/Join 
posted
I have a tiny flowerbed next to the condo building, in the Midwest.
Last year, I received help identifying the Artemisia plant, right here on this forum! I planted some flowers last year, but while I was away this Spring, things withered away. I only have the plant and one Verbena left.
I'm waiting for flowers to appear, from seed.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jessicasews,

Posts: 3154 | Registered: Jul 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We've been happy going with Perennials, but this year I wanted to add some summer 'brights' in front of the house, so we bought petunias and pansies. My DDs have new interest in plants, so while my older daughter picked out a Giant Allium and Pincushion flower, the younger daughter picked out Dahlias (for photographing).

We just took out some trees that were too close to the back of the house, in it's place is a new flowerbed.

My DD tried out a homemade Deer repellent, it's hard on the flowers...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jessicasews,

posted Hide Post
My daughter's Dahlia.

posted Hide Post
YOur flowers are very pretty.

Carlene

Posts: 1592 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Georgia Peach
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pics. I love the iris. DH and I are planning a trip to the Northwest for next year. We have never been to the Pacific Coast and are looking forward to riding through Oregon and Washington.

Posts: 2213 | Location: Zone 8b | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
Great photos...my fav were the ferns!

Life is a great big canvas...throw all the paint on it you can.
Danny Kaye

Posts: 7404 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post