Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Outdoors
Hop To Forums   General Gardening
  Babies Here Too!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Babies Here Too! Sign In/Join 
Picture of muddyshoes
posted
The wrens moved into new bluebird house my DH made. When will I ever get some bluebirds!

"Those that throw mud, lose ground!" :>)

Posts: 12501 | Registered: Apr 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
The parents put up quite the racket when I moved around with my camera!

Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
Zoomed in the hole>>> This summer we had robins, sparrows & wrens nesting.

Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
Still getting lilies!

Picture of Barb in Mississippi
posted Hide Post
wrens are the cutest things! we have bluebirds and their houses, but the wrens will nest in the strangest places. One year they nested in an open bag of fertilizer.

Posts: 3156 | Location: Holly Springs, MS USA | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Think the sparrows ousted the wrens around here. Still hear them but haven't found a nest.
LOVE that daylily. Very pretty.

Posts: 682 | Registered: Aug 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
I love your wren babies. I can just hear momma fussing at you...and the baby face is adorable!

We have more hummers this year than we've had in several years. There must have been close to 20 out there this morning. I have 3 feeders that I am filling sometimes twice a day. I keep trying to get pictures but none worth sharing. I'm sure there are babies in the crowd because some are smaller than the others.

Lucky you still getting daylilies.

ve

This message has been edited. Last edited by: vera ellen,

Posts: 3237 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Oh, those house wrens can raise a racket, for sure. There's one that visits us here at the cabin. We have a number of hummers around, too.

We can see a lot of deer on any given day, including fawns with lots of spots still. On our way in today, we saw 11 of them including a couple of bucks.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6235 | Location: Northwest Florida | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
Cute wrens. One of our neighbors has a little shed w/windows...both screens are torn, the wrens nest inside that shed.
I have blue birds in my blue bird houses...mounted facing NE and about 6' off the ground.
Pretty day lily...is that the strawberry one?

VE, we have oodles of hummers too, way more than usual. I've counted as many as 10 between the 4 front porch feeders but they say we only see 1/3 of the population in the area at any one time.
I'm filling 4 hour glass feeders every day & 2 others every other day. Last week it was filling a couple of times a day for just a few days.
Surely they aren't starting their migration yet??? Cause I often get 20-30 for a day or two when they do that.

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4412 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cute! Lucky you to get a shot in the nest. I would have had to get on a 8' ladder to take pic of my babies. Don't think Mama would approve!

Carlene

Posts: 1402 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
gaKaren, it is time for the males to begin migration. They leave a while before the females and the juveniles do.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6235 | Location: Northwest Florida | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of thebrownthumb
posted Hide Post
Love the nature shots you get.
Pretty lily!

There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments. Janet Kilburn Phillips

Posts: 4388 | Location: Central PA | Registered: Sep 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
So cute! It's unreal how such a small bird can have such a loud call.

Whether You Think You Can Or You Think You Can't..... You're Right - Henry Ford

Posts: 7295 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post