Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Snow?! Sign In/Join 
Picture of muddyshoes
posted
OMG !

"Those that throw mud, lose ground!" :>)

Posts: 12450 | Registered: Apr 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
All my white flowering trees are dropping blooms at the same time this year!!! (Apple tree & white dogwoods too) Looks like snow all day!

Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
I thought critters didn't like allium?
Someone had a taste of one of mine?!! Grr

Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
My Ellen Lilac is open!

Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
Candytuft is thriving right now!

Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
Brought in purple lilacs to perfume the
kitchen!

Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
Woodpecker visiting!

Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
Muddy, always love your pictures......I like your snow...at least this kind isn't the wet kind. It's so nice to see signs of spring at your house...my lilac is finished and the snowball bush is making snow in my front yard. Love your redheaded woodpecker. You said visiting...does he not stay all year? Mine do here.

Thank you for the pretty snow showers.

ve

Posts: 3174 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All my white crabtree petals came down along with the dogwood. There were so nice but the winds and rain knocked them down yesterday. But, I am far more worried about the cold to come tomorrow. Love the pics Muddy, good job as always.

Posts: 3048 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
Great pics Muddy!

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4314 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nance425
posted Hide Post
muddyshoes - love your candytuft. I'm waiting for mine to come up. I see little green under the very brown stems. Should I chop all that brown stuff off now? How far down should I cut?

p.s. I love the stuff. Can it be divided?

p.s.s. We can't catch a break up here. High 50 today and tonight down to 31. I pulled all my plants off the deck again for the next coupla days. 84 on Tuesday!!!! We're going from winter right to summer. No spring I guess. And it just hailed a few minutes ago. Frown I'll take your "snow" any day. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nance425,

Posts: 4582 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: Dec 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
I don't think I ever touched the candytuft.
Just left it alone until it bloomed. It is called Iberis. It is nice for front of a border or in a rock garden. Mine is the sumpervirens.
You can propagate by cuttings, division or seed.
It will root. I just take a clump from the side of it & get some roots to start in a new place.It can bloom in a part shade area needing only a few hours of sun a day. It makes it nicely thru the winters here. You can shear it back after blooming. I think I only have this one spot left...need to start some more again.

Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
Love your pictures! The vase of lilacs is most delightful!

Posts: 10350 | Location: Mechanicsville Virginia | Registered: Jan 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
Quite surprised this morning as I opened the curtains to see my first hummer! Its so cold this weekend here. It seemed like in the 40's when I saw him at my feeder. I thought I would see him as he comes when the columbine opens around the yard but its really chilly & possible frost tonight! Those little birds are truly amazing!