Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

morning glory Sign In/Join 
posted
This is like no MG i've ever seen. I found it on Garden Web vines!
Also found a web sight that sells them.
ANyone here have one or know where to get them?
Wow sorry it's sooo big!!!
Aren't they pretty??

This message has been edited. Last edited by: silly bird,

Carlene

Posts: 1635 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of owie
posted Hide Post
That's a morning glory? WOW, love it.

Posts: 15321 | Location: Harford county, MD, zone 6 | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave's garden has them.
A guy on GW said he grows them in 5a-6b they can be invasive and they don't reseed like most MG. they have runners. He grows them in pots and brings them indoors!

Carlene

Posts: 1635 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Those are gorgeous!!!

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6590 | Location: Northwest Florida | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wow those sure don't look like a MG!

Posts: 3191 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
oh my goodness, those are stunning!!! Is pink the only color?

ve

Posts: 3580 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate to be a "whatever", but that sure looks like a rose to me... Be leery of it from just a pic. If you can find out a botanical name, do so.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jmchab,

Posts: 890 | Registered: Aug 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jmchab it was on the vine board on GW and those folks know and have lots of vines! The botanical name was there but I'm not going to get one so didn't bother. Daves Garden has them.

Carlene

posted Hide Post
OK--Japanese species. Very different doubles.

Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
Those are beauties. And the leaves definitely look like a variety of morning glory. But I don't need any more invasive plants...I have enough already! Roll Eyes

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4845 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's a beautiful Morning Glory! I wonder if they come in different colors?

Life is a great big canvas...throw all the paint on it you can.
Danny Kaye

Posts: 7419 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of joyluck
posted Hide Post
Very pretty altho so different from the traditional MG. TFS

Lucky

"I have always had an aversion to the concepts of in style and out of style." ~Rose Tarlow

Inspirational pics: http://inspiration4u.shutterfly.com/

Posts: 12734 | Location: north of 50 in Canada zone3b | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Barb in Mississippi
posted Hide Post
that is one beautiful morning glory, but I looked on Dave's for a japanese morning glory and I couldn't find it.
Are you sure it's a morning glory?

Posts: 3203 | Location: Holly Springs, MS USA | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Barb, It's listed on the vines forum on GW...same genus, different species.....name is different. I didn't think it was a morning glory either.

posted Hide Post
Ladies here's the link to GW if you'd like to read about it and the folks that have it.

http://forums.gardenweb.com/fo...511141218357.html?26

Also Daves garden
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1111554/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: silly bird,

Carlene

Picture of joy37
posted Hide Post
Very pretty! I read the links and gained lots of new information. Thank you.

One link says they can grow indoors in a pot.

Posts: 4909 | Location: zone 7, West Texas | Registered: Feb 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post