Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Outdoors
Hop To Forums   General Gardening
  my garden today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

my garden today Sign In/Join 
Picture of thebrownthumb
posted
looks like a jungle

There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments. Janet Kilburn Phillips

Posts: 4431 | Location: Central PA | Registered: Sep 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of thebrownthumb
posted Hide Post
more

Posts: 4431 | Location: Central PA | Registered: Sep 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of thebrownthumb
posted Hide Post
Mexican hat...it has the sweetest scent

Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
It may be a jungle, but it's a pretty one with a lot of colors!
Love that Mexican Hat. I tried starting some a couple of years ago but they never made it thru our first hot spell.

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4845 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of thebrownthumb
posted Hide Post
Thanks Karen, I was going to post a few more pics, but I hit the reply a few times and NOTHING happens

posted Hide Post
I agree with Karen. Looks good!! Lots of color and texture!

Carlene

Posts: 1633 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of thebrownthumb
posted Hide Post
Is anyone else having problems with the reply?
I can only use the quick reply.
Thanks silly bird. Health issues are preventing me form getting out there. I hope that in the fall I can get out there and separate some of my lilys that have buds but not like in the past years.

Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
That Mexican Hat is so pretty, never saw one before!

Life is a great big canvas...throw all the paint on it you can.
Danny Kaye

Posts: 7418 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bana
posted Hide Post
your flowers have a nice wildflower garden look. bet it makes for sweet bouquets to bring indoors.

Posts: 3815 | Location: Northern CA Zone 10a | Registered: Aug 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
All things considered my dear...Looking good! So glad you have bloomers to enjoy! Did grow those mexican hats once.

"Those that throw mud, lose ground!" :>)

Posts: 12915 | Registered: Apr 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice--I like the Mexican hat.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
Thumbie, I like jungles with vibrant color and you have that. I'm sorry that you are unable to get out and enjoy your garden more. Here, either the excess humidity or the rain keeps you housebound.

I love that Mexican Hat!

ve

Posts: 3580 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of theoriginalfluffy
posted Hide Post
Hey at least it's nice and full, and colorful too! I don't know how it is where you live but here you don't want to go outside anyway.

Posts: 1143 | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of thebrownthumb
posted Hide Post
It is unbearably hot here today fluffy. I have got to get out and water as soon as the sun starts to go down, my poor baskets.