Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Outdoors
Hop To Forums   General Gardening
  Favorites this time of year
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorites this time of year Sign In/Join 
Picture of patty louise
posted
Elephant ears (love those ears)! & Begonia Grandis.

Posts: 10424 | Location: Mechanicsville Virginia | Registered: Jan 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
Close up of Begonias. They are such sweet little flowers.

Posts: 10424 | Location: Mechanicsville Virginia | Registered: Jan 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
My favorite ground cover - Liriope!

SSTR - is this like your cat?

Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
More Liriope! It just spreads & spreads!

Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post

Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
Creeping Jenny has escaped the pot! Love it - nothing else will grow under that tree!

Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
A wall of Sweet Autumn Clematis at the Boxwood garden. It's smells yummy! And it's covering the fence that I didn't wash this year!

Thanks for looking!

Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Oh Patty! Your yard looks so wonderful. You are definitely a master at gardening.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6687 | Location: north Georgia mountains  | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beatuiful as always!! Love the SAC. maybe I could get it to grow over my new bare shed!!
Between it being bare and the yard with nothing in it looks pretty sad. The shed faces the house.
After all the yr. with 5 big flower beds this is really had getting used to. I have to remember we've only been in the house 2 months!!

Carlene

Posts: 1688 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
Patty so pretty! How do you keep the insects off everything? My gardens are getting eaten up this summer!! Grr

Birdie, By next summer I bet your pics will be quite colorful!!! LOL Plant a good number of
Spring bulbs & that will get you going!

"Those that throw mud, lose ground!" :>)

Posts: 13040 | Registered: Apr 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSTR (Stop & Smell the Roses)
posted Hide Post
Patty, all so lovely summer bloomers! Your cat looks like he might have been snoozing in the lirope and heard something, then popped his head up to see what's up! My outside cat is different looking, but I have a couple of inside ones that look like yours.I move them around every once in awhile.

Posts: 679 | Location: TX Gulf coast, zone 9 | Registered: Mar 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful, beautiful and more beautiful. So lovely to look at.

Posts: 15330 | Location: Harford county, MD, zone 6 | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
Florida Farm Girl, thank you so much. Don't know about being a master but at least an apprentice!

Silly Bird thank you! You would have to put something there for it to cling to or it will just flop down on the ground. A trellis or chicken wire....Your shed is lovely. Love the butterflies!

Thank you Muddy! I have been lucky this year. No bugs! Not even one blister beetle on the SAC.

Thank you SSTR! Good analogy of kitty in the grass! LOL!

Thank you Owie!

Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
Everything is gorgeous! You should charge to take tours of your gardens. Smile
Love that pot overflowing looks so natural.

Life is a great big canvas...throw all the paint on it you can.
Danny Kaye

Posts: 7492 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WWanda
posted Hide Post
Patty, your yard looks beautiful, as usual Smile

And that Liriope! I've got a few small plants and I never knew they would do that!!

Wanda

Posts: 4866 | Registered: Feb 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of theoriginalfluffy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing all the beauty with us, Patty Louise. It's always a nice treat to see. I really like your style of gardening. It seems to have a little formality to it, while still being casual--at least to me it does.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: theoriginalfluffy,

Posts: 1143 | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
patty do those Liriope grow in rows like that or do you plant them that way. You said they spread. thanks.

Carlene

Posts: 1688 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
Just beautiful as always!

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4951 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
Patty Louise, I agree, you should charge for tours of your gardens.......Fluffy had it right, casual/formal equals perfect!

Thank you for the ID of the begonias. I have them and just call them perennial begonias. They are such sweet little flowers.

Thanks for the free tour. You must go from daylight to dark daily to keep it so groomed.

ve

Posts: 3608 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
Zone9 thank you so much. I would charge for tours if I knew anyone around here that appreciated gardening! My fee would be a plant! I am so glad that the creeping jenny has attached to the ground - that area will look so much better in the future.

WWanda thank you! Yep Liriope travels under ground & spreads like crazy! The variegated does not do that.

Thank you Fluffy! Yep, casual/formal! I like that!

Silly Bird I planted the Liriope in rows & also around my azaleas. It bloomed much better this year as it's getting more sun since we took some trees out.

Thank you Karen!

Vera Ellen thank you so much! My neighbor bot some of those begonias many years ago & she gave me some. I had never heard of them. They are great this time of year. Actually I don't feel like I work in the garden alot - or maybe it's because I enjoy it, I don't think of it as work. I am always trying to make every area maintenance free. Ground covers are a blessing!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: patty louise,

Picture of joy37
posted Hide Post
Absolutely beautiful!

Posts: 4946 | Location: zone 7, West Texas | Registered: Feb 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous as always. I love the various greens under the tree--the chair and the creeping jenny what a delightful combo. Your yard is simply beautiful!

Posts: 3211 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much Joy & 16paws!

Trying to do some work today but it's a wee hot.

Picture of joyluck
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous! I always enjoy seeing your garden. TFS

Lucky

"I have always had an aversion to the concepts of in style and out of style." ~Rose Tarlow

Inspirational pics: http://inspiration4u.shutterfly.com/

Posts: 12750 | Location: north of 50 in Canada zone3b | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post