Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Outdoors
Hop To Forums   General Gardening
  Hanging Art Baskets ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hanging Art Baskets ? Sign In/Join 
Picture of nance425
posted
Do you know where to get these baskets? Aren't they cool?

Posts: 4582 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: Dec 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nance425
posted Hide Post
Hey I found them...kinda pricey, though.

http://www.gardeners.com/Hangi...4caba2fc18c91ce8f6a4

This one is cool, too. I wonder if I can find some fancy nylon fabric like that and make my own. Whattaya think????

What is that green thing sticking out of the bottom. I'm assuming it's for drainage. But wouldn't the water drain out wo it? The fabric is nylon. ???

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nance425,

Posts: 4582 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: Dec 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mgt
posted Hide Post
If it's nylon it could be water resistant, like a raincoat or windbreaker. That way the rain won't overwater it & you'll have the drainage you need when YOU water it.

I find those baskets at most garden stores...do you have a Stein's near you? They have them...probably the big box stores, too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I've decided to quit my job, drop out of society, and wear live animals as hats."

Posts: 7702 | Location: Black Creek, WI Zone 5 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nance425
posted Hide Post
No Stein's here. Haven't seen them at the big boxes either. ... on the hunt for some fabric! Smile

Any idea what that green thing is for that's sticking out at the bottom? Wouldn't the water just drain thru the fabric???

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nance425,

Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
I agree would be fun to make your own! Just need to discover the right fabric. Anyone who tries...check in with us! LOL

"Those that throw mud, lose ground!" :>)

Posts: 12457 | Registered: Apr 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mgt
posted Hide Post
If the fabric is water resistant, the water won't drain through, I think that's why the little green drainage tube is there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I've decided to quit my job, drop out of society, and wear live animals as hats."

Posts: 7702 | Location: Black Creek, WI Zone 5 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
People amaze me with how creative they can be. Those would be very easy to make out of any sort of fabric, then you would have natural drainage...probably wouldn't be good but for one season though.

I bet it's like someone said, the "pouch" is made of a water/weather resistant material, so a drainage tube is necessary.

ve

Posts: 3183 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jeanette
posted Hide Post
Oh i have some of the baskets and i and going to line the with fabric instead of that old wheat looking stuff.

Posts: 1408 | Location: Conway, S.C. HORRY | Registered: Sep 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jeanette
posted Hide Post
I think zebre

Posts: 1408 | Location: Conway, S.C. HORRY | Registered: Sep 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post