Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Outdoors
Hop To Forums   General Gardening
  Garden Wedding photos
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Garden Wedding photos Sign In/Join 
Picture of zone9alady
posted
OK, sorry it took sooo long for me to finally get these on the boards. I can't believe it took 4 months! Red Face I went through 1500 photos and came up with these.

Hope you enjoy seeing the wedding we had here this past November. I wish my garden looked the same.

Here's the link to my Photobucket. Then click "slideshow".

Photobucket

Cool

Life is a great big canvas...throw all the paint on it you can.
Danny Kaye

Posts: 7530 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 88hazel
posted Hide Post
OMG, Z9--I so enjoyed the wedding photos! It was such a beautiful setting and all your hard work paid off in a big way! I know your step-daughter was grateful for all you did to make her day special!! There are so many things I LOVED!...

**The chest-bump of the groom and best man--great photo!
**The way dad was looking at Candi while she was pinning on his bouttannier. Such a look of love!
**Your dress! It perfectly complimented your coloring!! And the details at the waist were beautful!
**The view of the ceremony from the house...magazine worthy
**The picture of the group in a heart shape
**The "wow" picture--she was beautiful and that dress was gorgeous!!
**The picture frame shot with the ring bearer and flower girl
**The cake topper--is the bride on the groom's back?
**The Mission Impossible Garter Getting! Hilarious!!
**The centerpieces with the orange slices in them, the gummy orange slice favors, and the orange slice poem--I'd not heard of that tradition before, but it sure is cool!!
**Of course, the "Candi" bar!!

Thank you so much for sharing your pictures with us--I almost felt like I was there!!!

Karen
Zone 5b

Posts: 1516 | Location: St. Joseph MO; Zone 5b | Registered: Apr 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KG in CA
posted Hide Post
Hey! Thanks for sharing the pictures as it was so nice to see the fruit of the hard work you shared with us in your yard. Looks like it was a great event!

Summers are just this side of hell, but you don't have to shovel sunshine...

Click on the left to show albums
http://s76.photobucket.com/use...brary/?sort=3&page=1

Posts: 7532 | Location: Highland, CA Zone 9b  | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shook29
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful setting AND bride! You must be so proud to have both of them! Thank you for sharing!

Posts: 870 | Location: PA zone 6 | Registered: Mar 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just beautiful!! tfs

Carlene

Posts: 1749 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bana
posted Hide Post
thanks for sharing your beautiful wedding photos. my favorite was the heart 'circle' of people. congratulations to the bride and groom!

Posts: 3886 | Location: Northern CA Zone 10a | Registered: Aug 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
How nice of you to share with our little community of mad gardeners! I want to come back & go thru them again! Very Nice!

"Those that throw mud, lose ground!" :>)

Posts: 13106 | Registered: Apr 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of thebrownthumb
posted Hide Post
You can be very proud of yourself. Everything looked spectacular;from outside to inside!Candi was a gorgeous bride. And you and your hubby aren't too shabby either. Razz I am definately going to look at them again. Smile

There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments. Janet Kilburn Phillips

Posts: 4433 | Location: Central PA | Registered: Sep 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Toots
posted Hide Post
I was also happy to see the tractor included in the festivities!!!... LOL!!>...

great pics and lovely couple...

"Gardening Keeps Me Growing!"

Posts: 26884 | Location: Near Charlotte, NC, zone 7 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everything was beautiful and what great pictures. I can almost hear the laughter and feel the joy of your daughter's special day.

Posts: 73 | Registered: Jan 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much ladies! I'm glad ya'll enjoyed the photos.

I don't know where they found the cake topper but it was befitting of them as a couple...always having fun.

The tractor was something the bride wanted to include in the wedding. I guess because it was so out of place and different from everything else it seemed almost a given. You know how young people are these days.

Now I have a deep respect for anyone having a wedding at their own house. There is so much work but you reap so much satisfaction and the memories are there forever. When DH and I sit in our living room or gazebo now, sometimes we look at each other and smile remembering that special day. And then we tell each other.."Wheew, I'm glad it's over!" Big Grin

Danny Kaye

Posts: 7530 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 88hazel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zone9alady:
And then we tell each other.."Wheew, I'm glad it's over!" Big Grin

We do the same thing! And then we add, "Never again!"

Although...some friends of ours are getting married in June and have asked us if they could add our home to their list of possible locations for the ceremony. We have agreed, but I think they were really wanting an indoor location, so we don't know for sure yet. I think (hope) that all we'll have to do is make sure everything is mowed and manicured, so it won't be too bad. Besides, this couple came and helped us on patio and pathway construction several Saturdays last summer, so it seems fitting that we should bless them back in this way.

Karen
Zone 5b

Posts: 1516 | Location: St. Joseph MO; Zone 5b | Registered: Apr 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow - You truly did an amazing job and you looked great too. I haven't been on here very much in the last few months so I didn't know this was YOUR house. It looks like a professional hall or something with amazing gardens. The whole wedding looked very elegant.

You should be truly proud.

Happily married and mom of 4
Central maryland - Zone 7

Posts: 7650 | Location: Maryland, USA | Registered: Jun 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 3Dlady*
posted Hide Post
Amazing! Such a beautiful wedding and the setting was manicured perfectly....even the tractor was a great addition! Best wishes to the happy couple as they begin their life together.

Retired manager of the universe

Posts: 242 | Location: St.Joseph, MO; zone5B | Registered: Feb 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
Oh MY Goodness - I as simply awed by all of it. So beautiful...everything...tables, florals, fashion...FUN!!!

I know you are glad that it's over, but just think of the memories you provided.

Thank you so much. I really enjoyed these.

ve

Posts: 3663 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much!
Yes we are proud and glad his daughter and new hubby will always have this place to come to and maybe even inherit it one day. I think DH added on that big room 4 years ago with the wedding in mind...he said he wanted to entertain family....well he sure did. LOL!

Hazel, I know what you mean. If DH's brother, the only other person that helped us build the Gazebo, wanted to use it for a wedding or party, how could we say no?

Danny Kaye

Picture of CA Rose
posted Hide Post
Oh my, such a beautiful wedding! Everyone and everything looked wonderful! You and your dh have every right to be proud of what you accomplished...a lot of work, but what a great result.

Thanks for sharing! Big Grin

Posts: 2499 | Location: SoCal, Gardening/climate zones 9 or 23 | Registered: Feb 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
You're welcome CA Rose! Cool

Danny Kaye

Picture of Luv R Pups
posted Hide Post
I agree with the others, it was a gorgeous wedding and your place looked great for it!

Luv R Pups
~ It's our relationships, with God and with each other, that really count in life. ~
~~ Gardening, a healthy addiction! ~~

Posts: 4368 | Location: E Cent. GA, Zone 8 | Registered: Apr 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey which place is this It looks perfect for wedding.People,place,decoration and environment is very nice.

Posts: 1 | Location: 3272 Modoc Alley Eagle, ID 83642 | Registered: Mar 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jvelo
posted Hide Post
How wonderful of you to do all this!
So pretty! and I mean all of it...the bride and groom, the setting...all!

Posts: 3280 | Location: Putnam County, NY z5 | Registered: Jun 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mgt
posted Hide Post
Wonderful pics, thanks so much for sharing. I love the one with the picture frame.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I've decided to quit my job, drop out of society, and wear live animals as hats."

Posts: 7850 | Location: Black Creek, WI Zone 5 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What an absolutely beautiful everything! Lots of work but such memories!. TFS

Posts: 923 | Registered: Aug 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
A sincere thank you to my board friends for the genuine compliments. It was a wonderful wedding and now the bride is expecting a little lady in July 2013!

As far as Claudette is concerned, it's strange that you brought up a year old thread to advertise on. If you would have really looked at the photos you would have realized that the venue was my home. And no, I'm NOT promoting it as a party rental. Roll Eyes

This message has been edited. Last edited by: zone9alady,

Danny Kaye

Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
Everything is totally beautiful! Your house, the landscaping & especially your lovely family & friends!

Congratulations to the couple on their marriage & the coming of a baby!

Posts: 10425 | Location: Mechanicsville Virginia | Registered: Jan 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice photo of wedding..Bridal is looking superb and i also want to some tips about the wedding ceremony that how its make the more beauty?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hafi444,

Posts: 6 | Location: canada | Registered: Mar 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
Thank you Pattie Louise! We are so excited about our first grandchild!

hafi...this is the best place IMO to get ideas...
http://wedding.theknot.com/wed...ning.aspx?MsdVisit=1

Danny Kaye

Picture of Wavy
posted Hide Post
Lovely wedding pics and beautiful bride! Everything was so beautiful and perfect, Congratulations on a job well done, and Congrats on your new future grandbaby!!
I couldn't imagine doing all that work myself. How many people attended the wedding? Thanks for sharing with us, it was beautiful!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Wavy,

SPRING HAS F I N A L L Y SPRUNG!!!!!

Posts: 453 | Location: "The Garden State" ~ N.J. | Registered: Jul 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
Thanks Wavy! All that work was sort of overwhelming at times. I'm glad DH and I had a year and a half to prepare ahead. We had about 90 people.

Danny Kaye

Picture of Luv R Pups
posted Hide Post
Let me add my congratulations for the new grandbaby on the way. How exciting for y'all!

Luv R Pups
~ It's our relationships, with God and with each other, that really count in life. ~
~~ Gardening, a healthy addiction! ~~

Posts: 4368 | Location: E Cent. GA, Zone 8 | Registered: Apr 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing your beautiful family, home and garden. Wow is all I can say!!!
Congrats on the baby!! You will enjoy having her close.

Carlene

Posts: 1749 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
Thank you ladies! We just had a Gender Reveal Party, I will be posting photos soon on the entertainment board. Smile

Danny Kaye

Picture of theoriginalfluffy
posted Hide Post
The wedding turned out beautifully. That is a big accomplishment! You deserve a huge pat on the back because I know all of what you put into that. I know because I did my friend's wedding here at my house--it's a lot of work!

Congratulations on the new grand baby. No better thank you gift than that!

Posts: 1143 | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KarenNY1 zone 7
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pictures in a picture perfect setting. Congrats to the bride and groom and on your future grandchild. I just had a second grandchild last Friday. They are a blessing.

Posts: 183 | Location: Wharton,NJ Zone 7 | Registered: Apr 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much Karen and Fluffy! It doesn't seem like it's been a year and a half since the wedding. Now it's baby time....it is exciting. Smile

Danny Kaye

posted Hide Post
Nice to see your picture beautifully present good wishes for your family .
apartment rebates

Jean J Webb

Posts: 1 | Registered: Sep 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
Loved looking AGAIN!! So nice of you to give us a window into the grand event. Lovely couple!

"Those that throw mud, lose ground!" :>)

Posts: 13106 | Registered: Apr 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Must have missed the thread when you first posted it, so looked today. Thank you for sharing this with us. A beautiful bride, groom, families and setting! Just loved all the photos.

Strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys.

Posts: 6338 | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
I'm glad ya'll enjoyed looking again. It's funny how a post from almost two years ago just suddenly pops up when someone wants to advertise. Roll Eyes

On the other hand, the wedding couple just had a precious baby girl last month! I'm a first time grandmother!

Danny Kaye

Picture of nance425
posted Hide Post
zone9lady - The wedding pictures are beautiful. I never saw them, so glad it came back up. Smile

Congratulations on your granddaughter!!! I can imagine the excitement in your family. Do they live close by?
(I will be "nana nance" in mid December and can't wait. But they will be 600 miles away.) Frown

Posts: 4604 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: Dec 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
Hi(soon to be) Nana nance, Congratulations to you and your family too! Smile

They live about an hour away, we are going to the Baptismal Sunday. DH is so excited about his new granddaughter. I'm going to teach her how to catch bugs, frogs and lizards... LOL!

Danny Kaye