Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Outdoors
Hop To Forums   General Gardening
  A few more bloomers in my garden
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A few more bloomers in my garden Sign In/Join 
Picture of vera ellen
posted
The poppies are pretty this year

mopheads and frilly lavendars

Posts: 3174 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
White clematis & white rose campion in lower garden

Posts: 3174 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Toots
posted Hide Post
you're kidding!!... that red is a POPPY????
oh, that's precious!!!!

"Gardening Keeps Me Growing!"

Posts: 26868 | Location: Near Charlotte, NC, zone 7 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
One of my favorties - Niobe Clematis

Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
Red Amaryllis and sedums

Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
Love in a Mist with frilly pink iris
Thats's all folks, hope you enjoyed.

ve

Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
Hey Toots, you got on here before I finished - LOL. Yes, those are mophead poppy seeds originally from Blissie, way back when.

ve

Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
Your flowers are so happy!

Love in a Mist - awesome plant! Especially with the pink iris. Great combination!

Posts: 10350 | Location: Mechanicsville Virginia | Registered: Jan 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of owie
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous.

Posts: 15204 | Location: Harford county, MD, zone 6 | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bana
posted Hide Post
very beautiful.

Posts: 3535 | Location: SF Peninsula Zone 10a | Registered: Aug 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nance425
posted Hide Post
Wow! And look at that amaryllis!!! Where'd that come from? Do you leave it there all year?
Do you have it in the ground behind the rock? Is that a rock?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nance425,

Posts: 4582 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: Dec 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice. We don't have that many plants blooming yet up north.

Posts: 647 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of theoriginalfluffy
posted Hide Post
Those red mopheads are really cool--like something out of a Dr. Suess book. Also I've never seen the blue flowers on the last pic either.

Posts: 1093 | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
Thanks ladies.

Nance, the amaryllis are winter hardy here. The rock is what's left of a small fountain I had years ago. The bottom finally fell apart, so I saved the "waterfall", put in on the ground and planted angelina sedum in the "cups".

Fluff- the mopheads are really cool. Love in a Mist is a reseeding annual & more like a weed here. I bet you've seen seeds for Nigella. Love in a Mist is the common name. They come in blue and white. I toss them all the time, but leave a few to reseed.

ve

Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Wow, what gorgeous flowers. I am so jealous of your yard, girlfriend.

I hope mine is doing okay at home, pitiful thing that it is. Its always a surprise when we turn the corner and see what the yard looks like after a few weeks away.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6210 | Location: Northwest Florida | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
Just beautiful!

Could you save me some seeds of the mop heads? I'd love to try them down here.
I got some Ca. poppies to bloom one year, but the birds ate all the seeds so they didn't come back the following year.

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4314 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
Karen, I'd be happy to save you some mophead seeds. I've already got a note to send you and Muddy some scilla bulbs..will just add this to your list.

FFG - thank you. Girl you travel a lot!

ve

Picture of Wavy
posted Hide Post
WOW, your flowers are just gorgeous!!! I love Clematis & Roses, but everything is blooming just beautifully (knock wood!). Do you ever get any 'pests'. The last couple of years I noticed too late that some flowers were inundated with Aphids!! Do you spray with the insecticidal soap ever? What is your secret?
(I have a small space with lots of bugs)
Anyway, love your Cottage Garden!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Wavy,

SPRING HAS F I N A L L Y SPRUNG!!!!!

Posts: 453 | Location: "The Garden State" ~ N.J. | Registered: Jul 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSTR (Stop & Smell the Roses)
posted Hide Post
Love all the photos. The Nigella flowers & pink iris are so pretty together. I planted Bachelor Button seeds up in Kansas before we returned to Houston last week. Never planted them before & hope the birdies haven't gobbled them up already. Will know when we get back up there in a few weeks I guess.

Posts: 679 | Location: TX Gulf coast, zone 9 | Registered: Mar 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
Thank you VE!

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4314 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have lurked on the hgtv boards for a while now. I was going through picture envy because all I ever saw was the dreaded red x and no pictures. I didn't know why until someone else had the same problem and was told you had to be registered to see them. So I registered and this is my very first post. I so love all of your pictures. Your yards are all so beautiful. Now I'm going through garden envy. Thanks so much to all of you for sharing your beautiful pictures.

Posts: 39 | Registered: Feb 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jackierenette
posted Hide Post
Ok I am coming up to sit and relax in your flower gardens.I need some reflection time about now.Smile

Gorgeous...

Posts: 2991 | Location: Liberty, S.C. | Registered: Mar 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Toots
posted Hide Post
Vera, I'd love it if you would pass along some seeds of that blue Nigella thisaway!!... I have the white, but no blue....please, m'am?... them I know I can grow!!! .. LOL!!

"Gardening Keeps Me Growing!"

Posts: 26868 | Location: Near Charlotte, NC, zone 7 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
Very pretty as always ~~now no need to post mine!

"Those that throw mud, lose ground!" :>)

Posts: 12450 | Registered: Apr 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
Wow, you have some unique and beautiful flowers! That Mophead poppy is crazy cute. Love the clematis too.

Whether You Think You Can Or You Think You Can't..... You're Right - Henry Ford

Posts: 7276 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KarenNY1 zone 7
posted Hide Post
I am having a problem seeing the pictures, All I get is a red circle with a line through it. Why is that?

Posts: 163 | Location: Wharton,NJ Zone 7 | Registered: Apr 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
thanks everyone.

SSTR - I hope your bachelor buttons do well for you.

Toots, made a note, now I need to go mark the blue Nigella - Wink

Muddy, I see you posted...girl you amaze me...your gardens are gorgeous. I was happy to see your purpleness!!

Jackie, I know you need some down time..the porch is always welcome.

Wavy - I'm sure I have the usual pests..but I don't spray or poison or anything...I have been known to drown Jap beetles in soapy water. Smile Otherwise, it is what it is. This is because I also grow fennel, dill & parsley for the butterfly cats in some of those beds, and I don't want any pesticides around those plants.

ve

posted Hide Post
I simply adore your poppies, I have never seen either of them, they are simply gorgeous.

Posts: 3048 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WWanda
posted Hide Post
You have beautiful flowers. I love when you all post pics of your gardens because there are plants and flowers from different parts of the country that I don't usually see around here.

Wanda

Posts: 4798 | Registered: Feb 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
Thanks Paws.

Wanda, Thank you, and I agree....I always enjoy seeing other gardens.....diffenent areas and climates promote a whole nuther world of beauty and gardening styles.

ve

Picture of jackierenette
posted Hide Post
VE,I have been going through thread all evening.I have been looking for your pic of Mopheads & Love in a Mist. Found it...YEAH!!I am so glad you write the names of flowers when you post pics.Smile

I am writing down the names of flowers I like.I am going to Park Seed Co.in Greenwood SC,this weekend.I'm thinking of getting me some and checking out new to me flowers.

Posts: 2991 | Location: Liberty, S.C. | Registered: Mar 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Absolutely adore the mopheads and the lavender poppies--I've never seen anything like them!

Posts: 3048 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
Jackie, don't buy seeds for the mopheads and Love in a Mist.........I am going to save seeds and will offer them here on the board when the time comes.......for free! Now is that a deal or what??

ve

Picture of jackierenette
posted Hide Post
I was trying to find a pic of a smiley face.

But this works.

Picture of jvelo
posted Hide Post
Those mopheads are truly unique!
Love all those flowers...missed this when you first posted.
So pretty!

Posts: 3243 | Location: Putnam County, NY z5 | Registered: Jun 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post