Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Outdoors
Hop To Forums   General Gardening
  Golden Gate Park, SF
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Golden Gate Park, SF Sign In/Join 
Picture of bana
posted
This is entrance to a bowl shaped garden next to a working windmill.

Posts: 3889 | Location: Northern CA Zone 10a | Registered: Aug 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bana
posted Hide Post
and here's the windmill.

Posts: 3889 | Location: Northern CA Zone 10a | Registered: Aug 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bana
posted Hide Post
steps down to the center flower bed of fibrous begonias surrounded by 4 curved foxglove beds.

Picture of bana
posted Hide Post
close up of center beds

Picture of bana
posted Hide Post
perimeter border of fibrous begonias with blue lobelia.

Picture of bana
posted Hide Post
snapdragon bed

Picture of bana
posted Hide Post
and of course my most favorite spot.. the woodsy one. thanks for coming along on the walk through Golden Gate Park with me.

posted Hide Post
OMG bana how beautiful! That is one nice park. Thanks for the walk!

Carlene

Posts: 1773 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bana
posted Hide Post
this is just one tiny spot in Golden Gate Park's 1,017 acres. its right at the edge of the park by the ocean and is called Queen Wilhelmina's Tulip Garden... with masses of colorful tulips in the spring. here's a link to different areas of the park.
http://sfrecpark.org/parks-ope...den-gate-park-guide/

and a link to the blurb on the windmill and garden..
http://sfrecpark.org/destinati...park/dutch-windmill/

Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
My DH & son were in CA but only brought me back pics of the bridge! This was fun to see!!! TFS OMG I'd give my right arm for those foxgloves!

"Those that throw mud, lose ground!" :>)

Posts: 13129 | Registered: Apr 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4_seasons
posted Hide Post
Oh bana, I can't begin to tell you how those pictures touched my heart. I lived in SF in the early 70's and spent a lot of time in the park. I love that city. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. Smile

Posts: 178 | Location: Illinois 5a | Registered: Mar 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bana
posted Hide Post
i'm so glad you enjoyed the photos, 4_seasons. it made posting them so much more worthwhile.

silly, thanks for coming along with me. enjoyed your company.

muddy.. me too about the foxglove. LOVE those colors and i'd give my eye teeth for a full bed like that if i had the room.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bana,

Picture of jvelo
posted Hide Post
Nice pics. Beautiful!
DH and I went to the Japanese Tea Garden there but I don't remember much else.

Posts: 3280 | Location: Putnam County, NY z5 | Registered: Jun 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
Love garden photos! Every time I see public gardens that beautiful I wish I had a staff of 10-12 gardeners to do that for me. LOL!
Thanks for showing! Smile

Life is a great big canvas...throw all the paint on it you can.
Danny Kaye

Posts: 7554 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pics Bana! And I agree with SB, thank you for taking us along!

I also like Balboa Park, it's another pretty one if you are down that way!

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 5038 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
OH MY Goodness, what a beautiful park. Obviously they are not having any problems with drought. The flowers are too vibrant and gorgeous. Loved all of it....that blue lobelia is really BLUE. Great photography Bana...I felt like I was there. Thank you for the tour. Take me along the next time you go too, please.

Posts: 3677 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of joy37
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!

Posts: 4994 | Location: zone 7, West Texas | Registered: Feb 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mgt
posted Hide Post
Beautiful, thanks for taking us along. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I've decided to quit my job, drop out of society, and wear live animals as hats."

Posts: 7854 | Location: Black Creek, WI Zone 5 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
Would love to be on your staff Zone9alady! LOL
I've said the very same thing before!

"Those that throw mud, lose ground!" :>)

Posts: 13129 | Registered: Apr 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
LOL.... I'm going to put the staff applications on hold until we win the lottery. hehe

Life is a great big canvas...throw all the paint on it you can.
Danny Kaye

Posts: 7554 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of joyluck
posted Hide Post
Lovely! TFS Bana!

Lucky

"I have always had an aversion to the concepts of in style and out of style." ~Rose Tarlow

Inspirational pics: http://inspiration4u.shutterfly.com/

Posts: 12750 | Location: north of 50 in Canada zone3b | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post