Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ID, pls. Sign In/Join 
posted
I got this at a plant sale. Tag read Soldier's Plume. Could it be Filipendula??I'll post a couple of pics.
This is the flower

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jmchab,

Posts: 890 | Registered: Aug 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And this is the leaf

Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
I've never seen it or heard of it, but here is a link to images....

http://www.bing.com/images/sea...ilipendula&FORM=IGRE

Looks like it to me!

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4845 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Karen, Couldn't find a good leaf pic to ID. Seems like you did.

posted Hide Post
Thats a pretty plant.

Carlene

Posts: 1633 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty!

Posts: 3154 | Registered: Jul 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
Agree as I have tried to grow Meadowsweet. Also called dropwort (for wet woodsy gardens) I loved the look but don't think that my soil was improved
enough when I tried or maybe didn't realize it liked a wet location at the time. There are different types (forget name of red variety) Can be used to naturalize an area. I think it would love the conditions this summer!! I probably have pics somewhere but geez photo files go back so many years! LOL More info probably can be found under wildflowers.

"Those that throw mud, lose ground!" :>)

Posts: 12915 | Registered: Apr 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Muddy, I put it in a low area of my shade garden and am hoping it gets enough light. Thought the flower head looked a little sparse but then again this is its first year so will hope it acclimates.