Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OT marbles Sign In/Join 
posted
DH has a collection of marbles a lot of them he played with as a kid. He was the school champ marble shooter!!!
We're not going to use the fireplace and I hated to see his marbles just stored in the garage so I thought put them in the old canning jars to display them!! Thanks for looking

This message has been edited. Last edited by: silly bird,

Carlene

Posts: 1395 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10354 | Location: Mechanicsville Virginia | Registered: Jan 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mgt
posted Hide Post
Yes, I love that!

~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I've decided to quit my job, drop out of society, and wear live animals as hats."

Posts: 7710 | Location: Black Creek, WI Zone 5 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
Oh you silly! I put some in the bottom of my birdbaths in the summer! You can use them in a clear vase for a dry flower arrangement as a centerpiece for a dinner party too! Just a thought if DH shares them with you!

"Those that throw mud, lose ground!" :>)

Posts: 12480 | Registered: Apr 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of joy37
posted Hide Post
Perfect!

Posts: 4777 | Location: zone 7, West Texas | Registered: Feb 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
Great idea. I have some in a candy jar...no sticky fingered kids in the living room that way! Big Grin

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4378 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of owie
posted Hide Post
I love the old fashioned marbles. Got some when my dad passed. They are going for a lot of money these days--but not going to sell them. Lovely display of them so others can enjoy also. My grandkids like looking at mine.

Posts: 15212 | Location: Harford county, MD, zone 6 | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSTR (Stop & Smell the Roses)
posted Hide Post
Where's the "Like" button?? That is a great collection DH has!

Posts: 679 | Location: TX Gulf coast, zone 9 | Registered: Mar 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post