Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Outdoors
Hop To Forums   General Gardening
  It's Spring ~ I Just Saw My First
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's Spring ~ I Just Saw My First Sign In/Join 
Picture of Wavy
posted
"-------". Fill in the blank!! It was cute and I didn't bother it, I just left it where I saw it. It's smaller than a breadbox and bigger than an ant. What was it?!!!

SPRING HAS F I N A L L Y SPRUNG!!!!!

Posts: 453 | Location: "The Garden State" ~ N.J. | Registered: Jul 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Georgia Peach
posted Hide Post
baby bunny Smile

Posts: 2141 | Location: Zone 8b | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Baby mourning dove...

Posts: 683 | Registered: Aug 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
robin? I've seen a lot of them in the last couple of weeks around here. I just wish it would warm up enough to get out & rake again. it's supposed to be 63 tomorrow so maybe I can get out there then. I hope so, I have plants to get in the ground too.

cheryl hill

Posts: 374 | Location: lansing, MI u.s.a. | Registered: Aug 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wavy
posted Hide Post
It was a Ladybug!
It's funny how you mentioned Robins. I have been seeing a Robin in my backyard for the last couple of weeks now. I don't like them cause they are looking for my worms....
Last week, I had a Mockingbird (Mr. Mockingbird from last winter is BACK!!! Maybe it was him all along I used to hear sing all spring & summer. Now he came to my birdfeeder for the first time to eat the suet I have hanging!), Cardinals, Robins, & Sparrows and I think I saw Juncos again. Haven't seen them in a couple of yrs I don't think. I saw some other strange bird I never saw before but then it flew away. I love seeing NEW BIRDS! Not one pidgeon, yay!!!

Posts: 453 | Location: "The Garden State" ~ N.J. | Registered: Jul 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wavy, I must have been out to lunch on that...Totally misinterpreted your question. Thought you were asking what we found!! LOL
Found those disgusting oriental ladybugs inside the house....Love the good beneficial ones.

Posts: 683 | Registered: Aug 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sybilj
posted Hide Post
Hummingbird.

Posts: 66 | Location: usa | Registered: Jan 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of still tryin
posted Hide Post
I never would have guessed lady bug. They never leave where I live. Where do yours go that you don't see them until April.

Posts: 2645 | Registered: Jan 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nance425
posted Hide Post
first sign of winter. It's snowing again here!

Posts: 4582 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: Dec 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of theoriginalfluffy
posted Hide Post
I was going to guess baby snake.

Posts: 1102 | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wavy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by still tryin:
I never would have guessed lady bug. They never leave where I live. Where do yours go that you don't see them until April.

I have no idea where they go, I just don't see them around. You see yours in the heart of Winter? I once read that they hibernate all winter. Don't ask me where, I haven't a clue!
There are No SNAKES Here, thank goodness!
Nance, OMG, say it ain't so.... My tolerance for cold weather is really not what it used to be. I hate the cold weather and snow. I wish I had longer springs and shorter winters! I noticed the 5 snow shovels were put away last weekend!

Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
I'll tell you where those disgusting asian ladybugs go..they all come south and overwinter here. This was a terrible year for them, I vacuumed them all winter long, off the ceilings, the walls & the windows...no clue how they were getting in. When I started cleaning out my flower beds, every leaf I raked had ladybugs under it.

I was going to say Hummingbird...but you told the answer. I'm always late getting in on the good stuff!

ve

Posts: 3237 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wavy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vera ellen:
I'll tell you where those disgusting asian ladybugs go..they all come south and overwinter here. ve

LOL!!! I am not sure what an Asian ladybug is. Is it the orange-reddish ladybugs with several black spots on it? I can't believe the problems you're having with them. O-M-Goodness how terrible. I always liked them, thought they were cute. I only saw one so far. Aren't they the 'beneficial' bugs??? Confused..... If they are the nice beneficial ones, tell them "spring has sprung" and they can come home to Mommy now!!!! (me!) :^D