Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Outdoors
Hop To Forums   General Gardening
  I want to.........
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I want to......... Sign In/Join 
Picture of patty louise
posted
paint my shed door. Saw one painted lime green & it was beautiful! DH doesn't think much of the lime green - he thinks more of a sage green.

Thots anyone?

Posts: 10354 | Location: Mechanicsville Virginia | Registered: Jan 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
Another view.

Yep, I'm bored & looking for a small project with big impact! LOL!

Posts: 10354 | Location: Mechanicsville Virginia | Registered: Jan 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
What color is the trellis..it looks dark green. I think a lime green would be a great contrast!

ve

Posts: 3230 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
The trellis is kind of a dark mossy green.

I think lime green would be awesome but when DH disagrees with me it makes me rethink my decision....he looked at me like I had lost my mind! LOL!

posted Hide Post
Well, it depends if you want your focus/eye to see that door before anything else, i.e. the garden/flowers. If so lime green it is. If not, mute it.

Posts: 675 | Registered: Aug 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
I like it white.

"Those that throw mud, lose ground!" :>)

Posts: 12488 | Registered: Apr 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
I agree with Jan. If you paint it lime green...all you are going to see is DOOR when you look at the garden there!
I'd either match the trellis or leave it white!

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4387 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post

Picture of mgt
posted Hide Post
No no...I vote for lime green, too. Sage green will definitely blend in...it will look great. But the lime will be fantastic!!! So there. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I've decided to quit my job, drop out of society, and wear live animals as hats."

Posts: 7714 | Location: Black Creek, WI Zone 5 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nettiejay
posted Hide Post
Not saying I'm any great shakes at Paint... Clearly, I'm not. But here's a rough idea - a very rough idea - of what the green would look like.

JMHO... It'd be fantastic! Just be sure to have lots of vivid, contrasting flower colors - hot pink, bright orange, red, etc. for balance.

Posts: 4355 | Location: zone 6b, Missouri | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nettiejay
posted Hide Post
More citrus-y green here...
I love that darling shed. It should be allowed to shine.
Plus, it's only paint. If it doesn't wow you, or wows you too much... Just change it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nettiejay,

Posts: 4355 | Location: zone 6b, Missouri | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
MGT I was also thinking maybe a sage green.

Nettie I must say that color really jumps out at me! Thank you so much for doing that!

I now see that I would like a color that blends a little more with the green of nature.

Picture of SSTR (Stop & Smell the Roses)
posted Hide Post
Sage green would be a pretty color, but I'm wondering if it would hide the pretty hardware on the door?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SSTR (Stop & Smell the Roses),

Posts: 679 | Location: TX Gulf coast, zone 9 | Registered: Mar 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
I think it willl SSTR.

Just look at this - WOW!

Meant to say I DON'T think it will!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: patty louise,

Picture of nettiejay
posted Hide Post
Ooooo-uh... I like that, too! And if your garden won't be teeming with hot flower colors, it would probably be better.

Picture of mgt
posted Hide Post
I agree, the sage definitely will NOT hide the pretty hardware. Like Nettie said...it's just paint, you can always change it. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I've decided to quit my job, drop out of society, and wear live animals as hats."

Posts: 7714 | Location: Black Creek, WI Zone 5 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
Wow, lots of good suggestions here.......and I have to say....that lime color is totally OUT THERE. It sure looks different when you see it like that. I prefer the last one, the sage!

Don't mind being outnumbered when you get great suggestions like these that make you stop and say WHOA! Maybe I was wrong - ;o)

ve

Posts: 3230 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vera, Not wrong, just different. Nobody sees the same things....just different perspectives.

Posts: 675 | Registered: Aug 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not wrong, just different. Nobody sees the same things....just different perspectives.

That is so true!

I am still looking at greens, with no luck yet.

Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
Ok, here's something to blow your mind...

http://www.bing.com/images/sea...s+of+paint&FORM=IGRE

On the 11th line down, there is a blob of color that is sort of a light sage...I like that one. It would show off the hardware and not be so bright that it would detract from either your trellis or the plants in the garden.
But I'm also rather conservative with colors except for my kitchen which I want BRIGHT! And flower blooms...I like them all pretty much!

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4387 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
Karen that is a beautiful color!

I've been using a paint roller at Valspar & it's looking to me like painting the door a color is making the shed look so small! Of course, it IS small!

Picture of Toots
posted Hide Post
coral....*smile*....really!!!...you'll plant coral roses there on that trellis one day, I just know it...!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Toots,

"Gardening Keeps Me Growing!"

Posts: 26871 | Location: Near Charlotte, NC, zone 7 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of still tryin
posted Hide Post
What about lime peel green?

gif

Posts: 2644 | Registered: Jan 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nance425
posted Hide Post
why not pick up the color from surrounding foliage, either in the foreground or background?

I guess it depends on where you want your eye to go... Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nance425,

Posts: 4582 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: Dec 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
Oh no, now Toots has given me yet another color choice! LOL!

Still tryin I have looked at every green & can't seem to find one that I like........

Nance I have brot leaves in the house to compare color & still not close to a decision.....I do think I want it to blend with the foliage rather than stand out.

I WILL pick something soon & buy some samples!

Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
I would say the same color green as those two urns you have at the gate.

Whether You Think You Can Or You Think You Can't..... You're Right - Henry Ford

Posts: 7290 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
Thanks zone9. I think I want a wee lighter shade of that color.

So far I haven't seen anything I like. My girlfriend is coming over this week & she will read the replies here & we will put our heads together over a glass of wine........or 2!

Thank you all so much for the suggestions! Gives me a lot to think about.

Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
I was in Home Depot today & saw a lime green umbrella. OMG it was beautiful!

Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
I am so sick of green paint! LOL!

Think I'm going with Martha Stewart Spanish Moss. The monitor colors are not good. It's a nice soft green & more of a nature color.Maybe next year I will be brave enough for lime green!

Top left.

Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post