Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Outdoors
Hop To Forums   General Gardening
  Remember when my son chopped down my irises that were getting ready to bloom?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remember when my son chopped down my irises that were getting ready to bloom? Sign In/Join 
Picture of theoriginalfluffy
posted
Well here they are this past spring.

Posts: 1143 | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And the other ones....

posted Hide Post
Looking through these makes me ready for spring to be here. Can we just skip winter this year?

Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
Fluff - they are beautiful....I agree with you about wanting to skip winter this year. These pix make you yearn for warmth and blooms again don't they.

Thanks for sharing.

ve

Posts: 3556 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
Love the blooms but I'm ready for some down time or for me...it will be getting caught up time this fall/winter...since stuff got so out of control with all our rain.

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4816 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of joy37
posted Hide Post
Worth the wait. Very pretty.

Posts: 4898 | Location: zone 7, West Texas | Registered: Feb 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
TFS! Lovely Fluff!!!

"Those that throw mud, lose ground!" :>)

Posts: 12870 | Registered: Apr 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mgt
posted Hide Post
They're blooming now??? Wow. My DH cut mine down this spring, too. Never did a dang thing, poor babies.

Yours are beautiful! Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I've decided to quit my job, drop out of society, and wear live animals as hats."

Posts: 7820 | Location: Black Creek, WI Zone 5 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, how pretty!. Vera sent me a bunch of new iris. Can hardly wait for spring to see them. It's going to be a long cold winter....

Posts: 875 | Registered: Aug 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are sure pretty. I agree lets skip winter !!!

Carlene

Posts: 1599 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No mgt, that was from spring but I never posted pics. But what is crazy is that I did just go out today, after we had a freeze, and some new purple irises did have some buds. I'm afraid the freeze probably damaged the flowers though but I guess these will bloom in the spring and fall.

Picture of mgt
posted Hide Post
Oh ok, Fluffy. I did wonder. Neat that they did bloom...mine never did after the man cut them down. Big Grin It's a shame that you'll probably lose the ones in bud to a frost, but hey, crazy weather this year for sure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I've decided to quit my job, drop out of society, and wear live animals as hats."

Posts: 7820 | Location: Black Creek, WI Zone 5 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of owie
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous. I love Irises.

Posts: 15313 | Location: Harford county, MD, zone 6 | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post