Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Outdoors
Hop To Forums   General Gardening
  Signs of Spring
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Signs of Spring Sign In/Join 
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted
Yesterday as we were driving home from north Georgia, I was amazed at how many trees were budding out. Japanese magnolias in full bloom, one sand pear tree in full bloom, and one peach tree in full bloom!! I sure hope it doesn't get as cold as predicted or those pears and peaches will be history for this year. Daffodils were up, too. Most of these were on the northern edge of Atlanta. The roadside grasses are even beginning to show bits of green. Even my lawn is starting to show a sliver or two of green.

Sorry, no pretty pictures to show you.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6753 | Location: north Georgia mountains  | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My sister down in FL is sending me pics of a few things so I don't forget what green looks like! Feels like we'll hardly ever see it again after this year. I know I'm impatient but it's been a long cold winter and it isn't done yet.

Posts: 931 | Registered: Aug 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
Now I know that you have a camera, just like GaKaren. So where are the pretty pictures? You painted a pretty good visual anyway.

Our weather is so topsy turvy right now. Today it's sunny and bright and 55 degrees although there is a brisk north wind. Tomorrow we are supposed to have another wintry mix. I'm like Jan......this winter just will not quit, even for us mid southern folks.

ve

Posts: 3667 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LOL It's hard to take pictures when you're zipping down the highway at 70 mph!!!!

Here are some pictures to maybe make you feel better. Gotta love little kids and water. Yes, it was warm enough but I'd bet the water was right nippy!!

Posts: 6753 | Location: north Georgia mountains  | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know if these are buds or not. Too far away to tell for sure.

posted Hide Post
Another to show the happy couple.

Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
Sweet signs of Spring! Not here tho...temps dropping again!

"Those that throw mud, lose ground!" :>)

Posts: 13120 | Registered: Apr 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
Love your "happy couple" pic and oh the memories of wading in the creek!
Those look like buds to me on that tree!

We were close to 80º today. Buds popping out all over and we are supposed to get rain tomorrow and then drop down to 29º...unless they change it again. With a 30º Fri. morning and then the warm up comes....for good this time, I hope!

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 5012 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last week we were near 70 and I could hear a chorus of frogs croaking in the creek nearby. Ahhh, the Sound of Music. Smile

---------------------------------------------

Posts: 254 | Location: Nashville Music City USA | Registered: Dec 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
I'm so glad that I checked this post again. Love the children in the creek...fondly remember those days....and the happy couple is adorable. Yep, looks like buds to me too! Good photography girlfriend. Thank you.

Yep Kosh, we had a couple of those 70 degree days here too.......sure were nice weren't they...so what happened? The bottom fell out again, and winter returned.

No creek wading here, but my dogwood & some of the spirea do look like they have little buds on them. Maybe soon!

ve

This message has been edited. Last edited by: vera ellen,

Posts: 3667 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post