Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Outdoors
Hop To Forums   General Gardening
  Pots pics please!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pots pics please! Sign In/Join 
Picture of patty louise
posted
Here are a few of mine. I bot a strawberry pot & a friend gave me 2 more! The one on the left is planted with herbs, the middle is strawberries & the right I have hens & chicks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: patty louise,

Posts: 10365 | Location: Mechanicsville Virginia | Registered: Jan 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
Large pot has a grass & sedum. African daisies & boxwood. The left pot has potato vine.

Posts: 10365 | Location: Mechanicsville Virginia | Registered: Jan 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mgt
posted Hide Post
I do like your pots. Too early here to have good looking ones, but later in the month, I'll have some.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I've decided to quit my job, drop out of society, and wear live animals as hats."

Posts: 7718 | Location: Black Creek, WI Zone 5 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post

Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post

Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post

Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
My hollow log planters with hosta & ferns.

Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
Just one more. Boston ferns in pots on each side of the gazebo.

Your turn!

Picture of Barb in Mississippi
posted Hide Post
patty louise, I love your hollow log planters and may "steal" your idea for my shed.
How did you hollow out the logs?

Posts: 3157 | Location: Holly Springs, MS USA | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
Thanks MGT! Be sure to post pics of yours!

Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
Thanks Barb. When DH was cutting firewood he found them & I grabbed them! They work so good under trees where nothing will grow.

Wish I knew how to hollow them - maybe a drill & saw? I would love to have more. Must get DH to thinking on this.

Picture of joyluck
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting your lovely pics Patty! I especially love your hollowed log planters. Gives me some inspiration altho I won't buy annuals for a couple of weeks as we can still have frost at night altho most nights don't. There are a few pics of the pots I did last year here. They are fairly early pics tho - I didn't take many pics last year as the weather was horrid.

This was one of my large pots (early pic) last year with Vancouver Centennial Geranium, tri-color grass, a regular geranium, and chartreuse sweet potato vine. All the geraniums bloom red and it was one of my fav pots. I planted the grasses in the garden but not sure yet if they survived winter. I often buy the Vancouver Centennial Geranium for containers as it's foliage is so pretty.

Lucky

"I have always had an aversion to the concepts of in style and out of style." ~Rose Tarlow

Inspirational pics: http://inspiration4u.shutterfly.com/

Posts: 12613 | Location: north of 50 in Canada | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very pretty. love the salmon impatients! No planters here yet

Carlene

Posts: 1405 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
Thank you Lucky!

Your plants are so healthy. I have never had many blooms on my lamium. Yours is loaded. Love, love, love the delphiniums. Can't grow those due to the humidity. You do such a great job of combining plants. I have always had a problem with that. The Vancouver Geranium has fantastic foliage! Thanks for the link to your pics!

Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
Thanks Silly Bird! I usually get "lipstick" but the green house didn't have them. I am now liking the salmon much better. It's so bright!

Picture of theoriginalfluffy
posted Hide Post
Patti Louise, Just let me know when you want to come to my house and give me some tips because I always love your gardens/photos. I'll have lunch ready!

I've got some pots but I'm waiting for them to fill in a bit.

Mom of 3 boys
Zone 7

Posts: 1105 | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jeanette
posted Hide Post
Here is mine

Posts: 1408 | Location: Conway, S.C. HORRY | Registered: Sep 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jeanette
posted Hide Post
Somed more

Posts: 1408 | Location: Conway, S.C. HORRY | Registered: Sep 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 88hazel
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pots!! Love the ferns and impatiens...well, just everything!!!

I'm hosting a new gardening group tomorrow, and have been busy with planning for that, but I really need to get on the ball now and get some planting done!!

Thanks for the inspiration!

Karen
Zone 5b

Posts: 1516 | Location: St. Joseph MO; Zone 5b | Registered: Apr 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
Fluffy did you say lunch? I will be there! I also have some pots that haven't grown up yet! It's such fun watching them.

Jeanette wow those petunias on the porch with the lime green pillows - what a statement! Just lovely, happy & spring! I love it!

Hazel you better get on the ball!

Picture of KG in CA
posted Hide Post
Wonderful pictures - let's see some more!

Summers are just this side of hell, but you don't have to shovel sunshine...

Click on the left to show albums
http://s76.photobucket.com/use...brary/?sort=3&page=1

Posts: 7408 | Location: Highland, CA Zone 9b  | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Waverider ;)
posted Hide Post
Patty,
I love your flower pots, they're sooooo pretty!!! Every one of them is different and interesting looking, but they all match! I NEVER see any nice flower pots go on sale after the summer has ended Confused I don't think I have ever seen any flower pots for sale at Lowe's, at the end of the season or I would have bought a couple.
Jeanette ~ I love Petunias and plant them every year, but yours are really very, very pretty!! I love your white rocking chairs and the green pillows on your porch. Nice!!!
My birthday is also at the end of this month, maybe I should treat myself to something I really like in the gardening dept. at Lowe's!!! Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Waverider ;),

Posts: 2273 | Location: "The Garden State", NJ ~ Zone 7 | Registered: Nov 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of theoriginalfluffy
posted Hide Post
Waverider, If you have an Ollies nearby, I got some really beautiful, very large pots there and they were really cheap. It's worth checking out. I had made several trips loading up my car with all of those pots.

Mom of 3 boys
Zone 7

Posts: 1105 | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
oh my gosh.......after seeing these pretties, there's no way I'd show my puny attempts at potting. Patty, you do have the knack!!! Everything is gorgeous. Love the salmon too.

Joyluck - gorgeous combination of colors.

Jeannette - the lime green and the tunia's do pop. Very pretty.

Sigh! Maybe Patty could tour all our gardens and teach us about potting. I'll spring for lunch too! Big Grin

ve

Posts: 3237 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
Patty's have always been beautiful and her pots are so BIG! Mine are mostly plastic & much smaller!
I'm not as young as I once was so I don't want to be dragging heavy pots into the garden house for the winter!

I would spring for lunch too! Big Grin I need help with how to fill the pots with things that will look right/good! That's not a strong point for me.

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4422 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jeanette
posted Hide Post
OK here are some of my pots.I got this little pestal for $5.oo today

Picture of Jeanette
posted Hide Post
My little hand

Picture of Jeanette
posted Hide Post
This was a birdbath that my mother in-law had & when she pass i kept it & it broke so i coudn't fix it & i couldn't throw it away so i put a pot in it,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jeanette,

Picture of Jeanette
posted Hide Post
Some i sit beside my bench

Picture of Jeanette
posted Hide Post
These are some big one comming up my driveway

Picture of Jeanette
posted Hide Post
This is not a pot but i was acting like Patty i glied the girl on this & sit her in the woods

Picture of Jeanette
posted Hide Post
Old broke pot

Picture of Jeanette
posted Hide Post
sorry same picture i got 2 little pededal for 5.00 each so i thought i would put it at the pool beside my little man

Picture of Jeanette
posted Hide Post
next

Picture of Jeanette
posted Hide Post
These came back from last year

Picture of Jeanette
posted Hide Post
next one

Picture of Jeanette
posted Hide Post
These all came back from last year

Picture of Jeanette
posted Hide Post
These i sit beside my clock at the pool

Picture of Jeanette
posted Hide Post
Will post some more later

Picture of owie
posted Hide Post
Beautiful flowers. I can't get enough flowers. I will be away this week but next week I will be buying loads of flowers to plant. I just love flowers.

Posts: 15213 | Location: Harford county, MD, zone 6 | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
KG I think your command worked! Happy to wake up to lots more pics this morning!

Thanks Waverider! I have gotten most of mine at greenhouses. Sometimes if they are chipped I get a better price. Wink

Thanks so much Vera! Come on now, let's see!

Karen my DH says if I buy anymore concrete he is going to leave me. Big Grin (he won't) LOL!

Jeanette I love the $5.00 pedestal! What a deal! I must say that the hand is one of my favorites! How lucky you are to have flowers come back each year! Love the planters at the pool - also love the pool!

Owie we will be waiting for pictures!

Picture of Waverider ;)
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theoriginalfluffy:
Waverider, If you have an Ollies nearby, I got some really beautiful, very large pots there and they were really cheap. It's worth checking out. I had made several trips loading up my car with all of those pots.

Thank you very much but I don't have an "Ollie's" nearby. I never even heard of that store before. Lucky you to be able to pick up nice big pots cheaply. I really love the 'good quality' plastic pots and I have 2 in the front of my house that we bought when we moved here. But nice pretty pots like Patty Louise has can be expensive!
Where do you live ~ what state?

Posts: 2273 | Location: "The Garden State", NJ ~ Zone 7 | Registered: Nov 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
Some of my pots Cool

Yellow Purslane

White Pansies

Tangerine Calibrachoa

Salvia

Schef, Phoenix roebelenii, Bolivian Sunset Gloxinia

Italian Cypress and Spearmint

Petunias

Ti plant and Globe Basil

Kalanchoe

This message has been edited. Last edited by: zone9alady,

Posts: 7298 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
a few more.. Wave

Whether You Think You Can Or You Think You Can't..... You're Right - Henry Ford

Posts: 7298 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
Aloe in bloom

Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
Pergola pots

Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
Front courtyard

Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
Croton and petunias

Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
What lovely, lovely flowers!!!! I now have to go change my bib, from all the drooling.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6241 | Location: Northwest Florida | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jeanette
posted Hide Post
OMG ZONE 9 I LOVE ALL YOUR POTS.