Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Outdoors
Hop To Forums   General Gardening
  Your Sept. 1st Weather?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Sept. 1st Weather? Sign In/Join 
Picture of joy37
posted
What is your weather doing this first day of Sept.?

West Texas here...cool mornings and hot afternoons. Lots of sunshine.

Posts: 4918 | Location: zone 7, West Texas | Registered: Feb 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KG in CA
posted Hide Post
Today we expect a high of 98. It has been extremely humid which we are not used to. The forecast is the same for the next week. Ugh!

Summers are just this side of hell, but you don't have to shovel sunshine...

Click on the left to show albums
http://s76.photobucket.com/use...brary/?sort=3&page=1

Posts: 7515 | Location: Highland, CA Zone 9b  | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cloudy, scattered t-storms, hi-80.

Posts: 893 | Registered: Aug 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Waverider ;)
posted Hide Post
Ditto!!
Cloudy, very muggy and supposed to rain today and tomorrow. Soooo humid.
The days are getting so short and it's really darker in the mornings now, I monitor it!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Waverider ;),

Posts: 2440 | Location: "The Garden State", NJ ~ Zone 7 | Registered: Nov 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
Sunny & more sun! Upper 80s. Most delightful for this time of year!

Posts: 10423 | Location: Mechanicsville Virginia | Registered: Jan 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Sunny, hot and humid!!!

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6614 | Location: north Georgia mountains  | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nettiejay
posted Hide Post
88° at the moment, headed toward 98°. Very slightly overcast and dry, dry, dry. Could desperately use some rain. One chore today is to get out and water the shrubs before it reaches today's high temp.

Posts: 4529 | Location: zone 6b, Missouri | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
83, sunny and the humidity is down quite a bit from the past week. Still no rain, however. It had been dew points in the mid 70's. A stinkin' armpit of humid!

Glad Sept has arrived, maybe we can be on the downward slope to fall and winter. Two weeks, and I can head back to the mountains for some relief. Can you tell I hate summer here? Wink

Posts: 9616 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
90's here and HUMID. But not as bad as yeterday it was really bad! 100 yesterday.
Had 2 drops of rain. I mowed before it got to hot this am.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: silly bird,

Carlene

Posts: 1656 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mgt
posted Hide Post
Hot & humid here today. The dew point will drop later in the week so it'll be more comfortable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I've decided to quit my job, drop out of society, and wear live animals as hats."

Posts: 7828 | Location: Black Creek, WI Zone 5 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of joyluck
posted Hide Post
Sunny, slight breeze, high of 80 today with humidity 36. It was 45F this morning at 5:30 when I got up so it's getting cooler at night. Hasn't been cooler than low to mid-50's all summer.

Lucky

"I have always had an aversion to the concepts of in style and out of style." ~Rose Tarlow

Inspirational pics: http://inspiration4u.shutterfly.com/

Posts: 12736 | Location: north of 50 in Canada zone3b | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
We hit 95º today and the humidity moved some as we got a little shower late in the afternoon. That shower cooled us off to the 80's.
And since I'm up late...this way yesterday now. Big Grin

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4870 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hot and humid with the pollen counts very high and air quality not good for those with Asthma and other types of COPD.

The sign of a good gardener is not a green thumb, it is brown knees.

Posts: 8165 | Location: Twin Lake, MI USA | Registered: Aug 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We were high of 65. Suppose to be a little warmer today.

Posts: 7054 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Waverider ;)
posted Hide Post
There usually is not a dramatic change in temps here on Sept. 1st.
Ask that same question on Oct. 1st! Big change then & I'm curious about everyone else's temps!

Posts: 2440 | Location: "The Garden State", NJ ~ Zone 7 | Registered: Nov 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was 80, extremely humid and overcast skies. Never got more than a drizzle so it just got more humid.

Posts: 3200 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
Nothing but bad hair days!!!!!

"Those that throw mud, lose ground!" :>)

Posts: 12956 | Registered: Apr 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
90 degrees and humid...blech!

Life is a great big canvas...throw all the paint on it you can.
Danny Kaye

Posts: 7440 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
BIG change this morning. It was 60 earlier, now 70...but lower humidity and really nice.

It is so wonderful to get outside when comfortable like this, away from the constant indoor air conditioning!

Posts: 9616 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
Where are you? !!

Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
Not sure whom, but I am presently in SE Nebraska, muddyshoes.

Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
Very nice there in Nebraska! Have you had the humidity also?

Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
OH YES, just up until last night, it was oppressive this last month. It is up to 80 now, but still so much more pleasant than it has been, humidity wise. Just wish we could score some rain?

Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
Temps yo-yoing between high 80s to low 90s...not to bad but the humidity has been terrible. Definitely bad hair days!!

We are supposed to get some showers tonight into tomorrow that should bring in some cooler weather. Actually, after the summer we've had, I haven't minded a week of sunshine and summer type weather.

ve

Posts: 3593 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
We got dumped on yesterday abut 5 p.m. Today, there have been thunder bumpers flying all around us but we got only a light rain. Hot as all get out, though, and HUMID!!!

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6614 | Location: north Georgia mountains  | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post