Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Outdoors
Hop To Forums   General Gardening
  Hit the Jackpot
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hit the Jackpot Sign In/Join 
Picture of muddyshoes
posted
Never have I had two visit me!!!! I was getting a picture & another one flies into my camera shot!

"Those that throw mud, lose ground!" :>)

Posts: 12915 | Registered: Apr 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
OMG!! I bet its a pair. I can't even imagine two adults at any other time of the year being that close to each other. Good shot!!

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6590 | Location: Northwest Florida | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
I knew someone here would appreciate this! I was so amazed to see them that I was talking to myself~~ waaaahooo!

Picture of NYlady
posted Hide Post
How great for you.. Do you know what kind they are?

Posts: 3427 | Location: Staten Island, NY , USA | Registered: Sep 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW what a great pic!!Did they stay around long? You must carry your camera with you everywhere.
Is this in your back yard? Amazing!!

Carlene

Posts: 1635 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
Oh MY - What a thrill! How lucky you are to have captured both. Amazing picture and your photography is wonderful. I'm all excited for you! Thank you for sharing.

NY Lady - they are hawks.

ve

Posts: 3580 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
OMG!!! Fantastic that you caught 2 of them together. I've never seen that before, so FFG being our bird expert, has to be right!

How lucky for you!!!!!!!!!! ((thumbs up))

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4845 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
DH saw one fly out of the yard again so will be watching late afternoon again when they seem to show up! I think they might be hunting in the wetlands cared for by the local naturalists here.

Picture of WWanda
posted Hide Post
Wow! nice pic.

How did you get so close??

Wanda

Posts: 4866 | Registered: Feb 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking those are cooper's hawks. Sure look like it. I'm still jealous!!

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6590 | Location: Northwest Florida | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of joy37
posted Hide Post
I bet your were surprised when the other one flew in!!!

Posts: 4909 | Location: zone 7, West Texas | Registered: Feb 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10423 | Location: Mechanicsville Virginia | Registered: Jan 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post