Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Outdoors
Hop To Forums   General Gardening
  Update on my fountain
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Update on my fountain Sign In/Join 
posted
Last Saturday DH and I worked to get the fountain finished before Mother's Day. I love it. We're planning to get some larger sandstone rocks (we have lots of free ones) to fit in there somewhere. I think it will look a lot better once the larger rocks are in place.

Oh and the yellow extnsion cord is NOT staying. It's just temporary until we get a black one. It's going to fit through the shrubs to the outlet.

Happily married and mom of 4
Central maryland - Zone 7

Posts: 7650 | Location: Maryland, USA | Registered: Jun 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
How pretty is that!!! Is it one that spurts up or does it just gurgle down into the rocks and recycles?

I'd love to have one but it would require burying a line across the yard for the electrical...and that ain't happening.

ve

Posts: 3177 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KG in CA
posted Hide Post
It is so nice to have some running water in the yard. I wish I had a place where I could use rocks like yours. My little fountain was VERY close to the house for many years until I bought a solar kit for it. We had a top which spurted the water into the air, but DH recently changed out the top to an urn which flows over the edges like Forensicmom's. The birds love it and we love the solar kits.

Summers are just this side of hell, but you don't have to shovel sunshine...

Click on the left to show albums
http://s76.photobucket.com/use...brary/?sort=3&page=1

Posts: 7384 | Location: Highland, CA Zone 9b  | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. It pours over the sides. The top part is from my other fountain where the base broke. I eventually would like to get a really nice urn or other pot, but for now, this works.

Here is a picture from a little farther away. It kind of looks empty to me so I'm hoping that it fills in better when we add the larger rocks. This is near our deck and house, so there is electric there.

Happily married and mom of 4
Central maryland - Zone 7

Posts: 7650 | Location: Maryland, USA | Registered: Jun 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WWanda
posted Hide Post
Nice! That's a great spot for it too.

Wanda

Posts: 4798 | Registered: Feb 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bana
posted Hide Post
SWEET

Posts: 3535 | Location: SF Peninsula Zone 10a | Registered: Aug 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nettiejay
posted Hide Post
Clever! I love it.

Posts: 4342 | Location: zone 6b, Missouri | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
Love it! It's just the right depth of water for the birds to love.

Hey, yellow is a nice color! Smile

Posts: 10350 | Location: Mechanicsville Virginia | Registered: Jan 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
I really like the long view...you can see how the fountain fits. Looks great.

ve

Posts: 3177 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
Looks good there!

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4322 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post