Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Outdoors
Hop To Forums   General Gardening
  Special for me>
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Special for me> Sign In/Join 
Picture of muddyshoes
posted
I NEVER had any luck with roses & this little white bush came to life this summer & still putting out blooms! Such a treat for me! LOL

"Those that throw mud, lose ground!" :>)

Posts: 12963 | Registered: Apr 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
Boy these hosta are budding late??

Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
Just noticed another crinum bud in my patio pot!
Almost time to pack them away for a long winter's nap!

Picture of mgt
posted Hide Post
Muddy, you have the greenest thumb EVER. What a beautiful little rose. The late hosta...wow...it's gotta be our strange weather & the same for the crinum lily. Enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I've decided to quit my job, drop out of society, and wear live animals as hats."

Posts: 7830 | Location: Black Creek, WI Zone 5 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great pics Muddy. One of my hostas, Aurea marginata is in bloom now-and it's late here. Temps at nite going down to the 40's!

Posts: 896 | Registered: Aug 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh my that little rose is so sweet! You sure do have a green thumb!
Don't forget a pic of the crinum when it pops!! TFS.

Carlene

Posts: 1656 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Simply gorgeous rose Muddy! That is a very late blooming hosta, some of mine began to die back a couple of weeks ago. Yours looks very healthy--please post a pic of the bloom.

Posts: 3200 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
All are gorgeous Muddy. My crinin hasn't even put up a bud stalk this year. Hosta's are getting crispy and getting that fall dying look. I agree, you have a very green thumb.

It must be our weird weather......we are now having July in September. Hot & dry...everything is brown and leaves are falling off trees and did I say DRY! No rain in a month now after weekly monsoons since spring. Just weird.

ve

Posts: 3593 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of joy37
posted Hide Post
Beautiful roses.

Sometimes it takes the moving of the sun during this time of year for some flowers such as roses to get the amount of sun they need to make them bloom. Most roses need about six hours of sun to bloom well and plenty of water if the summer is a hot one. I've had to move mine to a sunnier location in the past.

Posts: 4919 | Location: zone 7, West Texas | Registered: Feb 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
Love the words of wisdom here~~~Thank you all!

Picture of owie
posted Hide Post
Your flowers are gorgeous. Enjoyed looking at them.

Posts: 15322 | Location: Harford county, MD, zone 6 | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post