Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Outdoors
Hop To Forums   General Gardening
  The bear was back
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The bear was back Sign In/Join 
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted
The bear was back last night and tore down one of my bird feeders -- the same place where I saw him last winter. Didn't see this one, just the evidence of his visit. Time to bring the feeders in at night again.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6208 | Location: Northwest Florida | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
OMGosh! I thot I had problems at nite with racoons & skunks! You can have the bears!

Posts: 10349 | Location: Mechanicsville Virginia | Registered: Jan 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
I didn't know that you had bears in Florida! How scary is that! Do you live close to a preserve?

ve

Posts: 3174 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
He has you pegged for an easy meal now! Big Grin

And you are going to spoil his fun!

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4310 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSTR (Stop & Smell the Roses)
posted Hide Post
Scary is right!

Posts: 679 | Location: TX Gulf coast, zone 9 | Registered: Mar 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
You need a night camera! OMG (((Farm Girl)))
He needs something better than birdseed to fatten himself up for the winter!Be so careful!

"Those that throw mud, lose ground!" :>)

Posts: 12449 | Registered: Apr 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Up here in the wilds of NH I'd expect them coming out of the woods....but in FLA???? Where in the world are you?

Posts: 656 | Registered: Aug 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Scary ,be safe. Keep those trash cans in too. Hope he doesn't try to get in your house like a lot of them do in Colo!!

Carlene

Posts: 1372 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of joy37
posted Hide Post
I hope you have reported him/her so they can keep an eye on your area for safe keeping. They have been know to break down a door and come right into the house. Please have a plan of escape.

Posts: 4764 | Location: zone 7, West Texas | Registered: Feb 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
Fl. bears...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_black_bear

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4310 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post