Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Outdoors
Hop To Forums   General Gardening
  Hellllooooooooooooooooo Chickybooboo!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hellllooooooooooooooooo Chickybooboo! Sign In/Join 
Picture of rubyruby
posted
Long time no Post!

Glad to see most everyone is still here and of course the many newbies! Hi Karen, Wavy,Barb,Patty,FFGirl,vera,Muddy and the rest of you ladies that I know I didn't list! I've missed the forum. I'll try to get be more active on here.

July 22nd marked one year living in Houston! Loving life and all the tropical specimen here! I lost quite a few of the hibiscus this past winter and been busy replacing shrubs. I went to work at the garden center close by...Just for Peak season! It's was great! Just not like back in MS. I made it through despite my butting heads with the GM. I'll go back next spring.

We've been enjoying the pool so much. My liver, not so much. We have our own little slice of paradise at home. Always on vacation and the adult beverages just seem to go hand in hand! I'll take some pictures with my phone and post the backyard. The one's I have are way to big and this computer is a chrome based piece of crap and I have yet to figure out how to get to my photos.

I miss not being in the Migration path of the hummers Barb. But I've got a handful and they keep me entertained!

FFG? Where did you move??? GA?? Is Natural Yard still active? I'll have to check in there as well. Pics to come! Waving from Houston!!!!

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt"

Posts: 1180 | Location: Houston, Tx Zone 9 | Registered: Jul 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's about time you checked back in we've missed you and can't wait to see the new digs!!

Carlene

Posts: 1822 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
Well, you are still living! Big Grin And glad to see you post again!

NY is still there, but not much posting going on. There is something wrong with the board and I can't post copy/paste there any more, nor links and I can't even quote another poster.
So I don't go there much...but you should go read some of the news there and catch up with some of the gals!

How is your green house doing?
And I'll save you some seeds from some things if you want them...stuff I know will grow in your area.

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 5146 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Barb in Mississippi
posted Hide Post
It's GREAT to see you, rubyruby! How's everything going?
I have my owm hummer migration going on on the front porch, minus the vendors. I have six feeders up and they swarm everytime I fill the feeders. My pictures aren't that great, which is why I don't post any.
We all miss you and some of the people out at Strawberry Plains have said to say 'HI'.

Posts: 3244 | Location: Holly Springs, MS USA | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Hi Ruby!! Glad to see you again. Also happy to know you're enjoying the Houston area. DH and I moved (only a week ago) to Blairsville, GA, way up near the NC line. Still have boxes sitting in the living room! Gonna have to learn a lot of new things about gardening up here.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6853 | Location: north Georgia mountains  | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
Hey, welcome back. I'm glad that you enjoyed working in your garden center...and your new area. Sorry that you lost some of your plants. Looking forward to seeing you on here a bit more now.

Posts: 3764 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jvelo
posted Hide Post
Welcome back!
Working in a garden center when you are in a new area must have been enlightening! You can learn so much about what is good for your new paradise.
Can't wait to see some pics.

Posts: 3287 | Location: Putnam County, NY z5 | Registered: Jun 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rubyruby
posted Hide Post
weeds in Tx are bigger. I've been busy and have not gotten on the desktop to post pics...but I will.

I have this 5 x 4 area that I use for my garden. so small and all I planted was 4 okra plants. I miss what I thought was small .58 acres. But it takes me 15 minutes to cut the small yard, edge and blow. As it stands now...I find myself pulling weeds more than anything in the beds that surround the pool. I can't keep up anymore. Frown

Posts: 1180 | Location: Houston, Tx Zone 9 | Registered: Jul 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of joy37
posted Hide Post
Welcome home, RubyRuby!

Waving to you from west Texas area.
(we use to live in Houston, loved it)

Posts: 5034 | Location: zone 7, West Texas | Registered: Feb 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice to see you back on the boards!

Posts: 3276 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rubyruby
posted Hide Post
I lost my phone...actually I left my phone and when i discovered it wasn't in my purse, I knew exactly where I'd left it. I went back the next day with hopes of someone doing the right thing and turning it in. Nope, Gone...I just don't understand people not doing the right thing. With my phone I lost all my pictures, contacts/#'s. I just got a new phone and I've yet to take any pics. Thanks everyone for the "welcome back" replies.