Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Outdoors
Hop To Forums   General Gardening
  I got in trouble ;(
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I got in trouble ;( Sign In/Join 
posted
Went on a road trip looking for eagles. DH saw one in tree so we took off down a dirt road. He let me out and at first I stood by the fence an took pics of it,it was about 1/4 mile away. It was huge! Then against my gut feeling I walked out aways into the field to take more. It was in a tree in the middle of a field. Anyway a guy came out and ask me to leave. He said people came there all them time to take pics of the eagles. It's right by a chicken house. He said his chickens were getting sick thought maybe because people were traipsing around in his field. I told him I'm sorry and I left. He was nice about it.
I wanted to say why are you feeding the eagles with the dead sick chickens but I kept my mouth shut!
I did take pics but I can't figure out how to size them to fit here yet. It's a new camera with a 300zoom lens but still to far away.
Sorry this is so long!!

Carlene

Posts: 1678 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NYlady
posted Hide Post
OOP!... guess you'll ask next time if its ok. I know Bob Anderson in Decorah always asks the homeowners permission if he happens to see the one they have fitted with a transmitter. I don't think he's ever been turned down. Sorry.. I don't know how to re size the pictures either.

Posts: 3447 | Location: Staten Island, NY , USA | Registered: Sep 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pic of the eagle I hope. It was huge. Not great but I'm still learning photo shop to get it small enough to post here. This camera must have a setting for smaller pics but just haven't found it yet!!

Carlene

Posts: 1678 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eagles eat dead animals all the time. Often see them on the roadside on a carcas.

I always use 'Paint' to resize my photos, if you have a windwos PC.

Posts: 7100 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
metwo I usually use paint but couldn't get it to work on these pics.
My new computer has windows 8 and I'm still trying to figure it out!!

Carlene

Picture of mgt
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous eagle. If his chickens are getting upset, maybe it's cuz the eagle is hanging around, not people taking pics. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I've decided to quit my job, drop out of society, and wear live animals as hats."

Posts: 7838 | Location: Black Creek, WI Zone 5 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of joy37
posted Hide Post
Fantastic picture!

Posts: 4941 | Location: zone 7, West Texas | Registered: Feb 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Oh, most assuredly. The chickens couldn't care less about the people, but the eagle? That'd stir them up big time.

I'm surprised he's throwing the dead chickens out like that. In Florida they're required to be incinerated. At least that's what my brother did when he raised chickens.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6673 | Location: north Georgia mountains  | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Florida Farm Girl:
Oh, most assuredly. The chickens couldn't care less about the people, but the eagle? That'd stir them up big time.

I'm surprised he's throwing the dead chickens out like that. In Florida they're required to be incinerated. At least that's what my brother did when he raised chickens.

FFG, different states, different health laws. One dairy here drags dead cows to a ravine and lets the buzzards pick them clean. Nasty place!

SB, you picture is fantastic! At least the guy was nice and not rude like some are. Also, if you decide to cross a fence again, make sure you check for any bulls in the pasture! Big Grin (wink, wink)

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4937 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
Wonderful picture. It's very clear. I'm glad that you are learning to use the new camera.......wow, a 300 zoom lens.

Hehee, Karen is right. Around here, most people don't mind you walkng across their pastures, but you sure need to take notice of the resident bulls. Sometimes they mind a whole lot.

ve

Posts: 3608 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LOL I knew there wasn't any bulls there wasn't a gate!! I'll not be going into any fields again. I know better just don't do better Smile! Told DH if he didn't want people in there he should but up a gate!!!
He said the chickens were SICK not scared.
Maybe the eagle around there is scaring them enough they are getting sick!! Sure would scare me!!!
Thanks ve I'm still learning

This message has been edited. Last edited by: silly bird,

Carlene