Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

August Arrives Sign In/Join 
Picture of muddyshoes
posted
DH got me these last Fall & just opening for the first time by my patio this week. Loaded with buds!!!

"Those that throw mud, lose ground!" :>)

Posts: 13165 | Registered: Apr 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
My Autumn Bride is already blooming!

Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
~~ a few glads that were planted late...easy color.

Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
Few lone crinums in my patio pots are popping now for some interest since petunias were cut back.

Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
They seem to be getting along!

Nice & sunny, cool here!
I sprayed the areas under my hummer feeders with DeerBGone since I couldn't get out for peppermint oil yet. I hosed off the bees & sprayed the cooking spray. The bees have diminished greatly for the time being! The deer spray has a distinct odor & just sprayed bushes nearest the feeders! I suspect they will return!

Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
very pretty Muddy. I bought some of that spray to keep the groundhogs away from the wedding sunflowers. It didn't work, so good luck with your deer spray.

Love the red crinum

your puppies seem to be enjoying each other.

Posts: 3733 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bana
posted Hide Post
your garden must be magnificent when you see it as a whole. love the little strolls you take us on!

nothing much is blooming here. because of the drought, i've made some radical changes to the whole garden and the only flower bed i haven't changed yet is the white one. i will enjoy it until it quits blooming and then i will make my final change. so i will be getting my flower fix from your posts and everyone else's from now on.

Posts: 3905 | Location: Northern CA Zone 10a | Registered: Aug 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of joy37
posted Hide Post
How long is your growing season?

Posts: 5025 | Location: zone 7, West Texas | Registered: Feb 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
We have frosts sometimes until June so seeding is a gamble. I start things under my lights sometimes
(more in the past) The weather changes to cooler days & nights in Sept. Who knows now (??) its so changeable. This cool August has been an unreal change but a total blessing. I love it! Its been
so kind to the grass & garden. I watered so much less than other years. We hardly got a 90 degree day so far this summer. I only put my umbrellas out twice to protect from the sun.