Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Outdoors
Hop To Forums   General Gardening
  do you have a door greeter?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

do you have a door greeter? Sign In/Join 
Picture of SSTR (Stop & Smell the Roses)
posted
Mine diligently stands ready to greet our guests.

Posts: 679 | Location: TX Gulf coast, zone 9 | Registered: Mar 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mgt
posted Hide Post
Oh, that's cute. Mine is a squirrel on a pole.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I've decided to quit my job, drop out of society, and wear live animals as hats."

Posts: 7803 | Location: Black Creek, WI Zone 5 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine is a statue of a dog painted the color of my girl Birdie! I'll post a pic when I take one tomorrow in daylight!

Carlene

Posts: 1569 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mgt
posted Hide Post
Me too. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I've decided to quit my job, drop out of society, and wear live animals as hats."

Posts: 7803 | Location: Black Creek, WI Zone 5 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's both of them.

Carlene

Posts: 1569 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Birdie's twin is identical! How neat is that!

Posts: 679 | Location: TX Gulf coast, zone 9 | Registered: Mar 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mgt
posted Hide Post
Love Birdie and her twin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
I think I ran into a cousin of that door greeter when I was down in South Carolina! LOL

"Those that throw mud, lose ground!" :>)

Posts: 12825 | Registered: Apr 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of joy37
posted Hide Post
Oooooh, these are all so cute!

We use to have a frog that sat on a yard table that would make a frog noise when a person walked by.

Posts: 4887 | Location: zone 7, West Texas | Registered: Feb 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cute muddy did you take him home? :-)

Carlene

Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
It was a picture spot outside the Aquarium in SC

Does Birdie growl at the statue? Rascal growls at his reflection in the fireplace glass!

"Those that throw mud, lose ground!" :>)

Posts: 12825 | Registered: Apr 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow Muddy, that's one guagatuan bull frog there!

Picture of CynthiaJoy
posted Hide Post
Why can't I see the pictures?

Judge not, you don't know their story.

Posts: 177 | Location: MI Z5 | Registered: May 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
You likely need to log in to see the pics.

They are all cute! I don't have one, but I have a metal chicken in one of my beds and a solar lighted chicken in one close to the house.

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4785 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
muddy she did when I first painted it but now she's used to it!

Carlene

Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
I love y'alls door greeters.......so cute!

Karen, those big chickens are really poplar here. I keep hinting for one, so far no luck...guess I'll have to buy my own.

ve

Posts: 3529 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vera ellen:
I love y'alls door greeters.......so cute!

Karen, those big chickens are really poplar here. I keep hinting for one, so far no luck...guess I'll have to buy my own.

ve

Watch for markdowns about now...end of season so they are getting rid of a lot of things. That's how I got mine! Big Grin

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4785 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
OMGosh these are all soooo cute. Love the frog blowing the horn announcing company!

Matching dogs! LOL!

Muddy that huge frog on the bench is just delightful!

Posts: 10422 | Location: Mechanicsville Virginia | Registered: Jan 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post